Older Posts

Sexual Assault Awareness Month: What You Can Do On Campus

Sexual assault is something that 1 in 5 students on campus experience and that everyone has been affected by in some way. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and even if you have not experienced this, you probably know at least one person who has been sexually...

End The Semester With Campus Encouragement

Now that spring is finally here (let's hope it is here to stay), the days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer, and the grass is beginning to turn green. The change of season probably has you wishing you were in the bluffs or out on the lakes. However,...

My Dancescape 2017 Experience

My freshman year I decided to audition for Dancescape because I knew I wasn’t ready to stop dancing. It turned out to be one of my best decisions so far in college. I met so many wonderful people and made great memories. For this year’s Dancescape 2017 show, which...

What You Didn’t Know About Campus Greenery

WSU's campus is definitely a place of beauty; the well-kept landscape and vibrant colors make the university memorable to everyone in its space. Many of the beautiful elements on the campus grounds (the gazebo, benches, gardens near the PAC and Gildemeister Hall,...

Embrace and Understand Diversity at WSU

Becoming aware of diversity on campus can be helpful in understanding different perspectives in today's world. One way to do this is to look into the various clubs on campus and what they are all about. By understanding diversity you are able to create a wider...

Why WSU Intramural Sports Are For You

Are you tired of feeling cooped up in this wintry weather? Are you looking for something fun to do with your friends? Something to keep you active? Something that isn’t too much of a time commitment? If so, intramural sports are the thing for you! But hurry, sign-up...

My Campus Bucket List: Final Semester Edition

After winter break I will begin my final semester as an undergrad. THAT IS SO WEIRD. I can't believe how fast my time here at WSU has flown by. It feels like yesterday I was moving into Prentiss Hall in the scorching heat, nervous about meeting my roommate and unsure...

5 Campus Features You Should be Taking Advantage of

We can all agree the weight of classes is heavy and makes us extremely busy, especially as we near finals. It can be overwhelming with work and other responsibilities on top of the obvious time consuming part of being a student. But, it is healthy to take breaks, and...

Creating Traditions in the Halls

As the holidays get closer, Thanksgiving in particular, many college students may become homesick and just want to be surrounded by familiar traditions. However, as we grow older, it is important to accept that each year we may need to make new traditions. If you live...

6 Important Tips For Your Freshman Year

If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume you are a new student looking for some advice, so welcome to Winona State University! When you first arrive on campus you will be met by many smiling faces, willing to help your transition to college life go smoothly. These...

Blog Archives