Older Posts

Campus Safety: Sexual Assault Awareness

September was National Campus Safety Month, and an integral part of the month includes recognizing campus sexual violence. National Campus Safety Month encourages conversation on violence prevention at colleges and universities. The prevalence of sexual assault on...

Fitness Class Review: Dance Fitness

Over the last three weeks I have attended three new fitness classes being offered by WSU this semester. Last week, I shared about my experience attending the Tabata class for the very first time. The week before, I talked about my experience doing a high intensity...

The Real Truth About Suicide

"Suicide is the second leading cause of death on college campuses." - The Real Truth About Suicide  “This is something I cannot sit still with.” - Bridgette Bixler, WSU '18 Last week, September 10th-16th, was...

Fitness Class Review: Tabata

What is your favorite type of workout? Is it doing a killer butt and ab workout in a class like Butt N' Gut? Is it more relaxing like the Yoga Flow class? Perhaps it's working out in the comforts of your own home with your cat present for moral support? Whether you...

Fitness Class Review: HIIT the Core

Did you know that WSU offers free evening fitness classes on campus every night of the week? In fact, WSU is offering three brand new fitness classes this semester! This week, I attended one of the three new classes being offered called “HIIT the Core.” “HIIT the...

10 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Hit the Gym

For most of us, it’s that time of the year again to get back into our routines with classes, tight schedules and the sometimes dreadful, fitness routine. It’s sometimes hard after a long relaxing summer to find the motivation to get up and actually go to the gym, but...

8 Tips To Staying Healthy In The Summer

Since the summer season is right around the corner, it’s easy to get back into the groove of that “relaxed” and “beach days” vibe. This is also a great time to stay healthy and relax out in the nice weather, but also keep active. Here are some great ways to do just...

My Superhero Doesn’t Wear A Cape

When we think of superheroes, we usually think of our favorite Marvel character like Spiderman, Captain America or Black Widow. Today is #NationalSuperheroDay, and I thought I would take a different approach. Instead of focusing on the comic book superheroes, lets...

What It Means To Be Resilient

Are you a resilient person? Chances are, if you’re in college, the answer is yes – even if you initially answered no. WSU recently launched its Resilience site that outlines the term, why resilience matters, how you can build it and common myths surrounding...

It’s Time to Keep Quiet

On Friday, April 21, I encourage you not to speak up in class. I encourage you not to make small talk with a passing friend. I encourage you to keep quiet. This day is the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network's (GLSEN) Day of Silence. It's a national...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.