Older Posts

It’s Time to Keep Quiet

On Friday, April 21, I encourage you not to speak up in class. I encourage you not to make small talk with a passing friend. I encourage you to keep quiet. This day is the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network's (GLSEN) Day of Silence. It's a national...

It’s National Siblings Day: Celebrate Your Other Half

Some people are blessed with a sibling in their life – a best friend who knows you in and out, who has been through every situation with you and who will have your back no matter what. Well, I’ve been lucky enough to have three of these people in my life and today I’m...

11 Ways to Reduce Stress

The month of April is Stress Awareness Month, but as college students we don't need a special month to acknowledge our stress - we try to cope with this every day. Between stressing about a big exam or assignment or about personal issues, it can take a toll on both...

11 Ways to Take Control of Your Life

Today, March 30, is National I Am In Control Day. I did a little research on this day and how it came about, and interestingly enough the day began when past Secretary of State Alexander Haig said, “As of now, I am in control here in the White House” after the...

YOU Are Valued

Where do I place my value and worth? In life, we often pursue the things we value most. The pursuits and goals we value are the things that are the easiest things for us to buy into. A blog recently written by Job Nyangacha, a leader in WSU Chi Alpha and a WSU senior...

WSU Fitness Classes in Review

Ever since I’ve come to college, I have been an avid gym goer. One of my favorite ways to exercise is in a group setting with a teacher, so workout classes are great. I have been to just about all of the fitness classes one could go to at the IWC, and I have...

5 Must-watch Movies for Midterm Week

It’s midterm week, and everyone on campus are studying their butts off and feeling a little more stressed than usual. But even during hectic weeks like this, it’s always a good idea to take a step back and get some relaxation in between last minute cram sessions and...

7 Tips to Making Working Out a Lifestyle

Last year when I was a freshman here at WSU, I was in the best shape of my life. I was a dancer all through high school and worked out every day with my mom over the summer, so I felt great about myself and my workout regimen. Going into freshman year I was nervous...

Show Your Pet Extra Love Today!

Today is National Love Your Pet Day, which probably is the cutest national observation EVER. For all of the happiness and love our pets give us every day, it seems only right to give them a day where we blow up Instagram and Facebook a little extra with posts of their...

How to Stay Calm Through the Chaos of Life

We all have events in our personal lives that can be extremely stressful and emotionally exhausting at times. Sometimes it can be hard to keep our head up through it all. Here is a list of tips to help you handle life’s curve balls: 1) Stay positive Try your very best...

Blog Archives