bottles of nail polish

My nail polish collection was the thing I just could leave home without.

Going to college can be a scary thing. It’s all new people, a new home and new experiences. As I packed for my freshman year of college here at Winona State, I couldn’t imagine leaving anything behind.

Knowing the dimensions of a res hall room, the decisions about what to bring and what to leave at home were tough.

But there was one thing I just could never leave without: my nail polish collection.

I love painting my nails a different color every few days and I have gathered quite a collection over the years. Yes, all the bottles take up space on my dresser, but I love having all of the different options.

I couldn’t leave a single one behind and, silly as it may sound, painting my nails was a comforting ritual that reminded me of home which helped as I adjusted to my new life at WSU.

So…what is the one thing you couldn’t leave home without?

Post your pic on Instagram or tweet it with the hashtag #WSUmusthave, or email your picture and description of your item with the subject line “WSU Must Have” to webcomm@winona.edu and it will be added to the Facebook album on the Official WSU Facebook page.

Let’s see all the items we Warriors can’t live without. (There will be no judgement for the stuffed animal or blanket you have had since you were born 🙂 )

The following two tabs change content below.

Leah Dobihal

Leah graduated in 2015 with BA degrees in English and Spanish as well as a minor in Global Studies. She is originally from Lino Lake, MN but moved to Australia soon after graduation. Her true passion in life is travel–meeting new people, discovering new places–that’s what really feeds her soul. When she's not (or rather, don’t have the money to go) traveling, Leah loves reading, hiking, knitting and spending time with friends and family.

Latest posts by Leah Dobihal (see all)