1974657_10152339586318304_401390455_n

“At least we’re less than two weeks away from spring break!”

I’m betting that you’ve probably said this phrase once or twice this past week. I’m sure most of you have your countdowns set and ticking. You’ve probably been planning this week out with your best friends for the past year and have had your bags packed for over a month now. Not that I blame you, spring break is a time to relax, be productive, get away and make some of your best memories in college.

Maybe you are planning on going all out and heading to Mexico or packing up whoever’s car is the biggest and road tripping it down to Florida. Or maybe you’re like me, spending this week off filling out job applications (senior status!) and getting some much needed shopping in. Whatever you plan to do with your week off make it count!

You will most likely never get the chance to have a week like this ever again or at least until you have an established job and are no longer a broke college student. After graduation, most of your free time will be spent relaxing on your couch because you just spent 40+ hours a week at your job.

I know, I know, you’re probably thinking “I’m in college, I won’t have to do that for another 2-3 years, why are you telling me this now?” Well, before you know it you will be in your last semester and wishing you could experience every memory again. If you don’t have anything planned yet, gather your friends up and be spontaneous. It doesn’t have to cost much; sometimes budget vacations are when you have the most fun. If you are stuck in Winona, spend some time on yourself and get some much-needed R&R in. For those seniors, you could polish up your resume and set up some information interviews. Be productive and get some schoolwork done, but be sure to add some fun in there too. 🙂

No matter what your plans are for Spring Break 2014 do something that you will not regret!

Have a fun and safe spring break Warriors!

P.S. Did you can share your spring break fun with Winona State? Instagram a picture of you on spring break with the hashtag #WSUSpringBreakers. Your photo will then be entered into a contest for some awesome WSU prizes.

The following two tabs change content below.

Katlyn Plourde

Katlyn graduated in 2014 with a BA in Marketing. She is from Woodbury, MN and her interests include catching up on her latest TV obsession, hanging out with friends, playing piano, listening to music or playing around on Adobe Photoshop.