Student tossing a pumpkin in the air on campus.

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I personally believe that ABC Family’s 13 Nights of Halloween is the best thing to happen on TV, next to their 25 Days of Christmas and “Grey’s Anatomy.” I have literally watched “Hocus Pocus” and “Casper” at least three times this year alone, and I am watching “Corpse Bride” as I write this blog. However, if you do not have cable or are just not into watching movies, there are plenty of Halloween-related activities to do on campus!

This year, there is a pumpkin-carving contest! If you think you have the skills and want to win a gift card, you should enter this contest. First place gets a $100 gift card to the Winona State bookstore! All you have to do is carve a pumpkin and drop it off at the bookstore. The deadline for this is Thursday, Oct. 29.

On Halloween and the day before (Friday and Saturday), you may notice a bunch of little kids walking around in costumes. These are Winona State’s daycare kids. They go around visiting and trick-or-treating at places throughout campus. It is absolutely adorable. You’ll see kids in the dorms on Halloween as community members are invited to go trick-or-treating here. Can you imagine all the candy they are going to get, just from the dorms?! I’ll bet it is a lot, unless us college kids end up eating all of the candy first.

Finally, there will be a kid-friendly haunted house at the Winona State Sustainability House. If you are interested, this is located at 377 Main Street. In addition, there will be trick-or-treating and fun Halloween games and activities at the Sustainability House.

So, if you want a break from studying or watching Netflix (if you’re like me), you now have a few options.

If you need me I’ll be binge watching Halloween movies while I still can!

The following two tabs change content below.

Kayla Severson

Kayla graduated in 2017 with a BA in Public Relations major and Communications minor. She is from Mindoro, WI and her hobbies include traveling, hanging out with friends, PRSSA and writing for the Odyssey.