Look around; the things we take for granted everyday started with a simple idea. These ideas often arrive in the form of discontent. People have used their mind to improve our setting since the beginning of mankind.
Nothing has been done perfectly yet, even though innovators around the world continue to push us forward. At WSU, every student will be invited to take part in the WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge.
The WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge is a competition that provides an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills needed to put innovative ideas into action, as well as a chance to win a share of $10,000 toward jumpstarting that idea.
The greatness of an individual is not about how much money one makes, but in one’s ability to positively affect those around them. At this competition, students will be able use their knowledge and fresh ideas to re-create the world around them.
This challenge is open to all majors; bring your unique perspective and talent: skills including coding, communications, finance, mathematics, health, strategic management, sports science, or any subject.
This competition is open to all majors, and there will be three major categories which a team or individual may enter:
- Business/Product Ventures (for-profit)
- Social Entrepreneurship (non-profit)
- University Innovation (improving WSU).
The challenge kicks off with a discovery forum on Thursday, Oct. 27 at 6pm in the Science Laboratory Center (SLC) Atrium.
Now to make things clear, students do not need to have an idea at the time of this event. It is a time where students can learn more about what it takes to bring an idea to life.
The forum will provide an outline of the WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge, along with an opportunity to network and seek inspiration from local and alumni entrepreneurs. This is also a time to connect with other students that you may want to form a team with.
Keep visiting the WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge page as additional details are added!
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- What Isolating in Tau Center was Like for Me - October 7, 2020
- Oh Snap—Free Headshots for Photo Fridays! - September 7, 2020
- Discovering & Defining Who I Am: A Saudi Civil Engineer - August 18, 2020
- 14 Budget-Friendly Crafts to Spruce up Your Residence Hall Room - July 31, 2020
- Coping with COVID-19: Staying Healthy from Home with Yoga - April 28, 2020