Every spring UPAC brings great performers to our campus including Parmalee, SoMo, Timeflies and Phillip Phillips in previous years. If you didn’t already know, this year’s spring concert is Andy Grammer with Vinyl Theatre as the opener.
Andy Grammer is a big name in music, and the fact that he is coming to WSU is awesome, and you’d be crazy not to go!
But, if you’re still on the fence, here are 8 reasons why you should attend the concert on Friday, April 28:
1) The concert is only $20! Big-name performances are usually expensive, so $20 is a pretty sweet deal.
3) The concert is in WSU’s McCown Gym – you won’t find a shorter commute to any other performance!
4) If you’re a big snapchatter, Friday will be the perfect opportunity for some awesome snaps.
5) The concert starts at 7:30pm with doors opening at 6:30pm, so that means the concert will be done in time for you to still have a lot of your night left to go and get some studying done for finals. Even though that might not sound like the greatest way to end your night after a concert.
6) If you’re a senior, this can be one of your last fun get togethers in Winona with your roommates and friends.
7) The opener, Vinyl Theatre, was formed only five years ago and this up and coming band supported their first album in 2014 by going on a national tour with Twenty One Pilots! Vinyl Theatre is influenced by other bands like Death Cab For Cutie, The Killers and Young the Giant.
8) The performance is open to the public, so you can invite family, friends and locals to join the fun.
Are you ready to buy your ticket yet? They are available in the UPAC Office in the lower hyphen of Kryzsko Commons until Thursday, April 27 for $20 with a WSU student ID. There’s no limit to the number of tickets that can be purchased, so buy tickets for yourself and others now rather than the day of the concert because the price will raise to $30 per ticket!
Latest posts by Allison Mueller (see all)
- 6 Reasons Why Working on Campus Rocks - August 29, 2019
- 8 Reasons To Attend The Spring Concert - April 25, 2017
- The 10 Phases of Registration - April 17, 2017
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month: What You Can Do On Campus - April 12, 2017
- WSU 2017 Spring Break Showdown - March 3, 2017