Fall is finally here and soon to come with that will be the colder weather. With the temperature change you will have to start thinking about the changes you need to make in your everyday wardrobe. For me personally, I’m thrilled to start wearing more layers, warmer clothes and all kinds of different boots during the autumn season.

Below is a list of fall fashion go-tos that are perfect for both females and males this season.

1. Plaids

There’s such a wide variety of plaid prints and colors you can never go wrong with. Plus, there’s so many ways you can wear a plaid flannel: with a graphic tee or tied around your waist. It’s a very versatile piece. My favorite way to wear plaids is open but they also look great buttoned up. Plaids are an amazing piece to throw on this season to keep you warm, cozy and fashionable.

2. Jean jackets

Jean jackets are a staple piece to throw on over a white tee or over just about any top. In the weeks of 50-degree and 60-degree weather I think it’s the perfect solution if you don’t want to keep throwing on the same sweatshirt or jacket every other day. I love how it can help pull an outfit together while still staying comfortable in the chillier weather.

3. A solid pair of waterproof boots

Whether they are rain boots, duck boots, or casual boots made for men, it’s important to have a good pair of boots. There’s an array of different fall appropriate shoes if you just do some digging online or look around at the mall for something that will fit your need and style. You want to have shoes that are awesome for on the go and for walking around campus this season.

4. A nice cozy sweater

Who doesn’t love a loose-fitting sweater on days you just want to stay warm with little effort? Whether it’s a crème, grey or black one, I highly suggest investing in at least one for your wardrobe. It’s perfect to throw on for class or under a light jacket in those 40-degree days.

5. A good set of jeans

I absolutely love wearing jeans in the fall. They’re a great go-to but also keep you toasty in the lower temps. Jeans also match EVERYTHING. You can’t go wrong with throwing on jeans this fall season.

I could go on and on about other fall essentials like moccasins, puffy vests, a practical pair of gloves, and having a nice rain jacket, but I’ll stop here. I hope this blog inspired you to add some pieces to your closet that you don’t already have or encouraged you to use some pieces you already have more this season.

The following two tabs change content below.

Kassidy Jackson

Kassidy is a Public Relations major, Advertising minor and Dance minor graduating in 2019 from Rosemount, MN.

Latest posts by Kassidy Jackson (see all)