WSU is hosting the first-ever WSU Kindness Week April 29 through May 3, and we’re hosting the #WSUKindness social media contest to help spread that kindness and positivity throughout our community!
Tell us about an act of kindness you shared or experienced as a member of the Winona State community. Maybe someone pointed you in the right direction when you were lost on your way to an event or maybe the person in line ahead of you at Caribou paid for your coffee. No act of kindness is too big or too small—we want them all!
There are three ways to enter for a chance to win the grand prize:
1. Use #WSUKindness on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
2. Direct message @winonastateu on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
3. Post in the comment section of WSU’s Facebook post.
The #WSUKindness contest will run from April 29 to May 1. We’ll post all contest submissions to WSU’s Facebook on May 2 for voting. Participate in the #WSUKindness contest and you could win either a Beats Portable Bluetooth speaker (1st prize) or a WSU hoodie (2nd prize)! Most votes by May 6 will win!*
But wait, there are other ways to win during Kindness Week!
Get caught being kind by the Kindness Ambassadors—Members of the WSU Cabinet and Student Senate will be on the lookout on campus all week, rewarding employees, students and visitors caught in the act of being kind—to themselves, their neighbors, the Earth and more.
Enter the daily drawing in the KEAP Center. You could win one of 25 free meal passes for the Jack Kane or Lourdes Dining Center or one of 10 $5 Purple Passes!
As we wrap up spring semester, we’re encouraging all students, employees, organizations, clubs and departments to think of ways they can help make the world just a little bit kinder. Check out the events below and help us make the world a kinder place!
- All week: Don’t Dump, Donate (Boxes will be available April 29 through May 11!)
- Monday, April 29, 12 – 12:50pm: Free Resilience Yoga – IWC 127 Fitness Studio
- Tuesday, April 30, 8 – 11am: Free Coffee in the KEAP
- Tuesday, April 30, 2 – 3pm: TED Talk Tuesday – Student Activities Center (SAC)
- Tuesday, April 30, 7:30 – 8:30pm: WSU Chamber Ensembles – Fusillo Main Stage, PAC (Free Admission!)
- Wednesday, May 1, 8 – 10am: Free Donut Day – Student Activities Center (SAC)
- Wednesday, May 1, 4 – 5pm: Drop in Doggy Destress – IWC 267
- Thursday, May 2, 7:45 – 9am: Chi Alpha’s Gazebo Java – Free Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Tea and Cookies – Alumni Gazebo (rain location: SLC Atrium)
- Friday, May 3, 1 – 3pm: Paws to Destress – Alumni Gazebo
- Friday, May 3, 7 – 8pm: WSU Choir Concert – Fusillo Main Stage, PAC (Free Admission for students and employees!)
- Saturday, May 4, 2 – 3pm: WSU Orchestra Concert – Fusillo Main Stage, PAC (Free Admission!)
- Saturday, May 4, 4 – 8:30pm: Ebony Night – East Room, Kryzsko Commons (Tickets available for purchase online!)
Don’t forget to get your Free Pizza from the President next week at Darrell Krueger Library from 6 – 8pm Tuesday, May 7!
*By submitting a #WSUKindness contest entry, you agree to let us share and modify your post.