It’s that time of the year…you’re sick of sharing a small space, and you can’t wait to eat real food for a month. You might be itching to leave your res hall right now, but trust me, you’re gonna miss that place someday.
1. Because having a tiny room isn’t always easy…but on the bright side, cleaning the entire area takes all of four minutes.
2. Because the cafeteria is just a hop, skip and a jump away.
3. Because lofts and bunk beds are cool. Period.
4. Because there’s always a roommate nearby.
5. Because community bathrooms give you many…interesting experiences. Enough said.
6. Because fire drills are actually extremely fun. Especially when you have to run outside in your towel. Or footie pajamas. In the dark. In the snow.
Ok, that’s not really a reason you’ll miss your residence hall!
7. Because your room becomes a cave of refuge after a bombed test.
8. Because you have cable so you can split your time between watching TV from your futon and watching Netflix in your bed.
9. Because not having a real kitchen means having a stellar excuse for not learning how to cook. And keeping Hostess snacks and Fruit Roll-Ups under your bed.
10. Because living in the res halls is like having a gym membership. Yes, walking up the stairs does count as cardio. And climbing up to your bed does count as weight lifting.
11. Because you make the best of friends in the halls.
12. Because no matter what, you’ll thank your res hall room for all the memories.