Family Weekend is almost here! This means your parents will turn up at your doorstep and ask you what there is for all of you to do. Fear not, though, for I’ve compiled a list of activities for family-friendly fun.
There’s a schedule of possible activities to attend that WSU offers during Family Weekend. This includes getting some purple gear at the WSU Bookstore, eating at the Jack Kane Dining Center, or enjoying dessert and free entertaining performances in Kryzsko Commons.
Other Events Around Winona
View world-class artwork at the Minnesota Marine Art Museum—located on the west side of Winona.
Winona’s Lake Lodge Recreation Center offers recreational activities for all ages (for a $20 annual fee) including biking, canoeing, kayaking, and paddle boarding.
Restaurants, Shopping, and More
Here’s a list of just a fraction of permanent attractions to check out in Winona:
- Mango’s Mexican Bar and Grill
- Ocean Sushi Japanese Restaurant
- Bub’s for burgers and American cuisine
- The Boathouse (great view of the river)
- Winona7 Movie Theater
- Hiking trails up to Sugar Loaf
- C&C Escape Rooms
Now you’ll have something to suggest when your family asks what there is to do in Winona. You may even find something you’ve never done yourself before. Take this chance to have fun and explore your town.
– Updated by Hailey Seipel (06/19/2019)
Latest posts by Breanna McGeorge (see all)
- 5 Tips for Surviving a Minnesota Winter - October 30, 2018
- Explore Winona with Your Fam This Family Weekend - September 20, 2018
- Where to Stay for a Weekend in Winona - September 13, 2018
- Strategies for Paying for College - September 5, 2018
- Choosing the Right Club, Not All the Clubs - August 29, 2018