Students studying and doing homework together.

Some days it can be tough to get motivated and stay on top of everyday tasks. Sometimes we fall into old habits of procrastination and laziness.

But, it’s important to get yourself used to engaging in everyday habits during the week to stay on top of your work and maintain a high GPA.

Here are 5 easy tips to do just that:

1. Take detailed and clear notes.

This has helped more than I can say in classes. I have found that when my notes are messy I am less motivated to study them. So, when I take notes that are organized, colorful and neat, it makes it way easier when studying for upcoming tests.

2. Study your notes at least a little bit every day.

This one can be hard to get into, but once you do you’ll thank yourself later. On the day of a lecture, make sure to study your notes that night. This will help you take in and memorize the information better. This way you’re not cramming for your test but have already been studying your notes section by section gradually throughout the chapters.

3. Make a plan.

I have found planning my day by the hours with all the things I need to accomplish makes for a more productive day. Having yourself on a schedule can help you know exactly what you should be doing at what time and push yourself to get your stuff done.

When I plan my days out like this, I feel motivated to get all I want done and it surprisingly leaves me more time to relax later.

4. If you don’t know the answer, don’t be afraid ask.

It will work in your favor if you don’t wait to ask your professor questions you have on class material right away. It’s important to know what you’re doing and it’s simple to ask for help.

Asking one question could be the difference between earning a B or an A. Take advantage of your professors’ office hours!

5. Eat healthy and sleep well.

I’m sure you have heard more than once to eat healthy and to try to get eight hours of sleep a night. Sometimes this is hard to accomplish, but if you can try to consistently get the same amount of a sleep a night and try to skip drinking soda and eating junk food certain days, it will do wonders for your mental and physical health.

When you’re in a healthy state, it helps you perform well in school.

I hope these tips help you boost your GPA here towards the end of the semester and push you to be more organized in your days!