Throughout my last three years at WSU, I have only attended a few WSU football games. It’s no secret that I’m not the biggest football fan; however, after attending the very first Warrior Game Day Experience that took place on August 31st, I can definitely see myself going to many more games! The Game Day Experience was truly a fun-filled event for everyone who attended; children, college students, faculty and community members.

The Game Day Experience event made campus quite the sight to see! There was a bouncy house, food trucks, zip-lining, obstacle courses, gaga ball, and more!

My two most favorite memories from attending this event were goofing around with my friends on the zip-line, and watching the football, dance, and cheer teams parade towards the stadium entrance during the ‘Warrior Walk’. It was heartwarming to walk down Johnson Street and see Winona State students alongside members of the community uniting in spirit for the WSU football team.

If you didn’t get the chance to attend the first Game Day Experience event, I would highly recommend going to the next one! Alumni Relations will be putting on this event before every home football game this year, so you will have many more opportunities to come check it out or get your club in on the action.

Whether you are a football fanatic or don’t know the first thing about the sport, The Game Day Experience is for everyone to enjoy! Tyler Jeffries, WSU senior, said “I wish they had done this sooner. That was the most packed I’ve seen [the stadium] in my four years of going here.”

The Game Day Experience is an opportunity for WSU students, faculty, and alumni as well as the entire Winona community to come together in WSU spirit and make everlasting memories.

Don’t miss out on the chance to #proveyourpurple. The dates for the upcoming WSU football home games and Game Day Experience events are as follows:

• Saturday, Sept. 16, 11am-1pm Kickoff @ 1pm (Whiteout Game)
  • Saturday, Sept. 30, 11am-1pm Kickoff @ 1pm (Think Pink Game)
  • Saturday, Oct. 21, 12-2pm Kickoff @ 2pm (Sprit Day/Homecoming)
  • Thursday, Nov. 9, 5-7pm Kickoff @ 7pm (Blackout Game)
The following two tabs change content below.

Samantha Johnson

Samantha is a Public Relations major and Marketing minor who will graduate in 2019. She is from Rogers, MN and her hobbies include camping, hiking, reading, listening to music and hanging out with friends.

Latest posts by Samantha Johnson (see all)