Ready to start your education at Winona State University? Here are step-by-step instructions are to help you complete the online application as international student.
If you have any application questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure that you understand the admission requirements before you start the application process.
Step 1: Begin the Application & Create a StarID
Open the WSU undergraduate online application.
Then select “Create StarID.”
- Enter your first and last name, your email address and re-enter the email address.
- Create a password that you will remember and re-enter the password.
- Select “Get my StarID”. You will need to use your StarID and password later. Please remember them.
Select “Next” to move on to the next section of the application.
Step 2. Provide Personal Information
Check that your name is entered as it is on your passport. Enter all names that you have on your passport, including your middle name.
- You do need to enter a date of birth with month/day/year
- You do not need to enter a Social Security number
- Answering the questions about Veteran Status is optional, so you can click “Next”
- Entering parent education information is optional
Select “Continue to Citizenship” to move on to the next section of the application.
Step 3. Provide Citizenship Information
Choose the option for “International Visa Holder or Seeker”
- Choose “I have an International Visa” if you already have an F1 visa and are in the U.S.
- If you do not have an F1 visa (or if you have another type of non-immigrant visa), choose “I am seeking an international visa”
- Under type of visa, choose “F1, Nonimmigrant Student Visa” if you plan to change to a student visa.
- Choose whether you are in or out of the U.S. and select country of citizenship and country of birth. Check that your date of birth is correct.
Select “Continue to Contact” to move on to the next section of the application.
Step 4. Provide Contact Details
If you are out of the U.S., you are required to submit an international address— click “Add” to do so.
If you are in the U.S., you need an international address and a local address.
Address lines are limited to 30 characters. Use the address 2-5 lines for longer addresses.
At least one phone number is required.
- If you are outside the U.S., please provide a number we can text or call with the country and city codes.
- If you are in the U.S., please provide your U.S. phone number.
Select “Continue to Education” to move on to the next section of the application.
Step 5. Provide Your Education Background
Select if you are currently in High School (Secondary School)
- If you have finished High School (Secondary School) or the equivalent in your country, select “Yes”
- If you attend a secondary school outside the U.S., choose “Non-US” (at bottom of selections) for High School State and “Other-international” for the High School field. Complete the High School (Secondary School) name and date of Graduation.
- If in the U.S., select as needed.
- If you are currently in High School (Secondary School) indicate your end date or graduation date.
If you attended a college or university–whether in the U.S. or another country– you must indicate that you have done so.
Click “Add Institution.” Select “Non-US/Canada” if the school is outside the U.S.
- If out of the U.S., select “Other Institution” and list the name of the school or schools you attended and the dates.
- If you attended a college or university and have not earned a degree, select “Not Applicable.”
- If you are still in the college/university you are last attending, enter the End date as the last date you plan to attend the current college/university before enrolling in Winona State University.
Step 6. Consider Providing Confidential Information
The questions about demographic information are optional. You can choose to move on to the next section.
Step 7. Provide Major Information
Select Winona State University and complete the following details.
- Application Term: Select the term you plan to start classes.
- Educational Intent: Select “Earn Bachelor’s (four year) degree” for most applicants. Indicate “Full-Time Student” since all F1 visa holders must be full-time.
- Academic Program of Interest: Select the area you desire.
- Academic Program: If the pre-filled option is correct, select “Next”. Or change the program to what it should be.
- Application Campus: Winona campus if you are a first-year student
Step 8. Provide Any Additional Information
This may or may not come up for you. Please fill in the fields or move to the next screen.
Step 9. Review Your Application Information
- Review your application to make sure all your information is correct. Be sure that you understand the admission requirements.
- Select the box next to Winona State University, and enter the StarID password you created at the beginning of the application.
- Select “Submit selected applications.”
Do not be concerned with the Application Status page unless it states Unsubmitted. If Unsubmitted, contact the number provided for help.
And now, just sit back and wait for an admissions decisions. This usually takes a few weeks, and if you have any questions you can always reach out to the International Student & Scholar Services team.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Berres (see all)
- How to Complete the WSU Online Application as an International Student - December 17, 2021
- We’re Truly a Community of Learners at WSU - February 12, 2020
- Go for a Degree and Get So Much More at WSU - February 10, 2020
- A Student Experience Like No Other - February 6, 2020
- A Campus of People Who Care - February 4, 2020