Choosing the right college to attend can be a daunting task. 

I remember dreading this decision myself after going on several college tours. However, visiting Winona State University was a different story.

At first, I was hesitant to even tour WSU, but the second I stepped on campus, I felt at home.  

Between the town’s atmosphere, the beautiful bluffs, and its location on the Mississippi, WSU seemed like the perfect “home away from home”.  

Photo by Kelsa Katzfey ’21

On my visit, my parents and I learned about the tutoring services WSU offers as well. 

There are many different ways of accessing tutoring on campus and online, which I knew would be helpful, especially as a first-year student.

Photo by Amy Nelson ’20

Another thing WSU offered me was the opportunity to continue to play in both concert and pep band

Through pursuing band, not only would I be able to keep up my favorite hobby, but also I knew it would be a great chance to find friends with the same interests as me.

Lastly, I was attracted to WSU because it is only about an hour’s drive from my hometown. This allows me to come home every weekend.

Currently, when I tell people from my hometown that I attend WSU, I hear nothing but good things. 

I have even found out that many people from my small town have attended WSU. 

I am proud to have chosen Winona State University because of all of the opportunities offered to me, and I cannot wait for what it holds for my future.