Virtual Choose WSU Days are exclusive online events for admitted students to put themselves at the center of the Winona State Universe and create their schedule based on their interests to meet what’s possible at WSU.
What exactly is a Virtual Choose WSU Day?
For starters, it is an entire website! There is written content, videos, and LIVE Sessions for you to create your choose-your-own-adventure schedule so it’s your day, your way. You get to explore academics, campus life, and support services available to WSU students. The LIVE Sessions take place at various times on the day of the event between 9:00am – 5:00pm, while the written and video content is available to you all weekend long!
Each exciting event will be packed full of chances to get to know Winona State better:
- Zoom with faculty and current students
- Explore academic programs
- Get the 411 about living the Warrior Life
- And more! Each Virtual Choose WSU has over 50 LIVE Sessions throughout the day
All together, WSU will host five of these online, open-campus events:
- Friday, December 4, 2020
- Friday, January 22, 2021
- Friday, February 19, 2021
- Friday, March 5, 2021
- Friday, April 23, 2021
What exactly is a Virtual Choose WSU Day?
For starters, it’s an entire website! There is written content, videos, and LIVE Sessions for you to create your choose-your-own-adventure schedule so it’s your day, your way. You get to explore academics, campus life, and support services available to WSU students. The LIVE Sessions take place at various times on the day of the event between 9:00am – 5:00pm, while the written and video content is available to you all weekend long!
Top 3 Reasons to attend a Virtual Choose WSU Day
- Engage in any of the sessions at your comfort level – sit back and listen or get more involved – it’s up to you!
- Interact with only what interests you! Nursing? Spanish? Film Studies? Housing & Residence Life? Chatting with current students? It’s your day, your way.
- Meet what’s possible at WSU from your favorite cozy place at home!
Bonus Reason #4: Built to work around your schedule! Whether you’re attending school face-to-face, distance learning, or juggling extracurriculars and work, the schedule is designed for you to pop in-and-out as your schedule allows.
What students think after attending this event:
- “It was a great opportunity to get more information on the school and a great way to have my questions answered.”
- “This event day has helped me understand more about what to expect!”
- “Everybody was very welcoming, and it felt very 1 on 1.”
- “It was a great experience! I cannot wait to attend WSU in the fall. All the students and faculty seem very friendly and supportive.”
- “It was so great to hear from current students about their experiences at Winona. I was nervous about meetings people due to Covid-19, but the students cleared up all my anxiety about it. Overall great experience and I might attend another Virtual Choose WSU!”
- “I really enjoyed being able to talk with professors, I also really enjoyed the Q&As it was nice to have some questions answered and to learn more from other’s questions as well. “
- “The people were excellent, they talked a lot and answered each question so well it made me less nervous to start.”
- “It was very beneficial and helpful. I got a lot of questions answered and I didn’t have to drive a long way to get them.”
- “I enjoyed everything about it! It was nice to hear about the program you are interested in and seeing if that is something you still want to do!”
How to Sign Up
You (and maybe your parents, too) will want to attend this event if you plan to become a Warrior – or if you’re considering Winona State as your college choice!
Elizabeth Schwanke, freshmen admissions counselor, visits & events coordinator, ambassadors honorary advisor, admissions Winona State University
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- Why You Should Attend Virtual Choose WSU Days - February 19, 2021
- Staying Involved and Connected to Campus during the Pandemic - December 16, 2020
- Busting WSU First Year Myths - November 3, 2020
- What to Expect When You Visit Our Campus - September 23, 2020
- The 411 on Moving into College during a Pandemic - July 13, 2020