Attention Class of 2020: You’re still graduating!
Graduating from college is a big deal. So, you deserve to honor all the hard work you put into your journey as a Warrior.
Here are five ways to celebrate earning your degree.
1. Decorate your mortarboard cap
- Associate of Arts – Royal Blue
- Bachelor of Arts – White
- Bachelor of Music – Pink
- Bachelor of Science – Gold
- Bachelor of Science (Teaching) – Light Blue
- Bachelor of Social Work – Citron
- Master’s Degree – Black
Once you receive your package, embrace your inner creativity with a DIY project by decorating your cap with a fun design of your choice. You can find inspiration on Pinterest and tutorials galore on YouTube.
2. Get dressed up
3. Have a photo shoot
4. Make a special meal or order in
5. Watch the virtual celebration
Save the date: View the virtual celebration while WSU hosts a Facebook watch party on Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 at 6 p.m. This is a great opportunity for everyone to come together while maintaining social distancing.
The virtual commencement program will include:
- Processional & Welcome from President Olson
- Student Speakers
- Alumni Welcome from Tracy Hale
- The Warriors’ Journey
- Music: WSU Alma Mater
- Closing Remarks by President Olson
This historic video will be posted to the WSU commencement website, Facebook and YouTube, so you can view it any time.
Need some more ideas for celebrating? I’ve got your back:
Don a Facebook frame to show your #WarriorPride on social media
What better way to share your graduate status than using a custom WSU frame!
Add your favorite picture of you and a caption to the “Yearbook”
Write down your senior quote, Warrior Wisdom or a meaningful memory from your time at WSU.
How to enter: Use the hashtag #WarriorGrads2020 in the caption on Instagram or Twitter, or via email to email@example.com with “Yearbook” in the subject line.
Read your shoutout or send a thank-you on the WSU Kudoboard
End the semester on a positive note by leaving one for your greatest supporters. You can also read your kudos written by family, a friend, an employer, a professor, or a fellow WSU alumnus.
Reminder: You’re still graduating, Warriors. Your achievements haven’t gone unnoticed!
Latest posts by Hailey Seipel (see all)
- Your Guide to Registering for Spring Semester Classes - October 28, 2020
- How WSU Club Leaders Are Tackling COVID-19 - October 28, 2020
- Why You Can #CountOnMe - October 21, 2020
- What’s Going on This Spirit Week? - October 9, 2020
- 6 Outdoor Things to Do in Winona This Fall - October 1, 2020