Wake up and smell the fallen leaves, Warriors—Fall is coming!
There’s plenty to do outdoors in the local area to show your autumn anticipation while maintaining physical distancing. Let me break it down for you.
2. Visit an apple orchard
Find the apple of your eye and dip it in caramel. There are so many apple orchards near Winona, you’ll probably have a hard time choosing. (Don’t forget to snap a cute apple-picking pic for Insta.)
3. Take a hike
Need a breather? No problem. It’s easy to clear your mind when we’re surrounded by so many beautiful parks, hiking trails and overlooks. And no matter your favorite color, you’re bound to find it this season in the bluffs right next to campus.
4. Grab some fresh goods from the Winona Farmers Market
5. Get lost (and found) in a corn maze
Work your brain as you make your way through Hidden Trails Corn Maze. Wend your way through a 12-acre maze, then choose a pumpkin that’s calling your name.
6. Decorate a pumpkin on the grass
Oh my gourd—you didn’t think I’d forget about this one, did you?
Whether you’re in the mood to sharpen your carving skills or work on your paint stroke game, there are tons of ways to decorate a pumpkin and make it your own. And to keep your hands warm, sip on some hot apple cider.
Although these experiences are a little different because of the need for wearing masks and physical distancing, you don’t need to sacrifice your social life as a college student.
So, make sure you bundle up and enjoy Fall before her cold-shouldered sister rolls in!
Latest posts by Hailey Seipel (see all)
- 5 Ways to Celebrate the Class of 2020 - December 3, 2020
- Your Guide to Registering for Spring Semester Classes - October 28, 2020
- How WSU Club Leaders Are Tackling COVID-19 - October 28, 2020
- Why You Can #CountOnMe - October 21, 2020
- What’s Going on This Spirit Week? - October 9, 2020