While we were relaxing during our much-needed winter break, WSU was busy making some fun changes to the Student Activities Center (SAC) in Kryzsko Commons.
These changes may have come as a surprise to many of you (me included!), but they are all thanks to our new Student Union and Activities Director, George Micalone.
The SAC has always been a place for students to connect with others and spend time doing homework, but now there are even more opportunities for fun with friends.
Billiards, Ping Pong, Foosball & Shuffleboard
The SAC is now home to two billiard tables, two ping pong tables, a foosball table and a shuffleboard. (Psst! If you don’t know how to play shuffleboard, take a moment to brush up on the rules.) If you are interested in using any of these games, just go to the front desk in the SAC and rent out the equipment with your student ID (for free!).
I personally have enjoyed playing pool with friends after eating dinner at the caf. It has been fun playing a couple of games before heading back to work on any homework for the night.
These are great amenities to use with friends and peers on the weekends if you’re looking for something to do or during the week when you need a quick study break.
Whether you are competing or playing just to pass the time, stop by and see whatcha got!
Swanky Study Spots
While visiting the newly remodeled SAC, you will also notice some new furniture that is great for getting your work done.
New tables, chairs, and a row of booth-style seating make up a great spot to sit and work on your laptop.
These new booths are even complete with power and USB outlets for mobile devices!
Same Offices, New Look
Outside of these new changes, the SAC is still home to multiple offices that all students are welcome to use:
- Learn more about our on-campus sororities and fraternities at the Greek Council Office
- Talk to your student senators or run for office at the Winona State Student Senate Office
- Grab a copy of our student newspaper, The Winonan
- Take a breather before an interview or exam in The Meditation Room
Stop by the SAC—complete with new paint and carpet—and check out these new amenities for yourself!
Latest posts by Carly Sylvester (see all)
- Storytime: How I Turned My Dream of Becoming a Counselor into a Reality - March 13, 2020
- 3 Housing Myths Debunked - February 10, 2020
- Meet the New & Improved Student Activities Center - February 6, 2020
- How to Tidy Up for Move Out Day Like Marie Kondo in 5 Steps - April 25, 2019