Winona State University-Rochester’s (WSU-R) College of Business is standing true to its motto of being relevant, flexible, and valuable. By recently expanding the partnership agreements with more community colleges across the state of Minnesota, WSU-R provides an array of distance education programs in the field of business.
For Bachelor of Science degrees in Business Administration and Human Resource Management, these custom advising paths prepare students to easily enter WSU-R’s online degree completion programs by using a dual degree method.
Students begin by earning their Liberal Arts/Associate of Arts (A.A.) or their Business Transfer Pathway (A.S.) from a partnered community college. By completing dual degrees, students fulfill the entirety of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and the lower division business courses required to enter WSU-R’s College of Business. Different from a full degree program, the online degree completion program provides students with the upper-division courses needed for a Bachelor of Science in either Business Administration or Human Resource Management. Courses in this program are delivered online, asynchronous, and students may choose to go full or part-time. On average, students take 80 credits at the community college and 40 credits at WSU-R.
Yielding high return on investment (ROI) for working students, WSU-R is an optimal choice as they offer the only AACSB accredited, SHRM certified Human Resource program in within the MinnState system. Within the program, students are offered the opportunity to earn their OSHA 30 General Industry Card, aPHR certification, and to gain real-world experience with custom applied projects in HR.
Currently, there are nine partnered community colleges across the state of Minnesota, with four more partnerships in progress. The existing partnered colleges are
- Pine Technical and Community College (Pine City)
- Minnesota Southeast Technical and Community College (Winona & Red Wing)
- Central Lakes College (Brainerd)
- Century College (White Bear Lake)
- Riverland Community College (Austin)
- North Hennepin Community College (Brooklyn Park)
- Alexandria Technical and Community College (Alexandria)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (Coon Rapids & Cambridge)
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College (Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, Wadena)
WSU-R’s College of Business offers innovative, high-value business programs that intellectually engage and challenge students. With seven undergraduate majors and twelve minors, the College of Business programs equip students for lifelong success in the global community. The faculty is committed to fostering an engaging and supportive learning environment that uses the local business community to provide innovative curricular and co-curricular experiential learning. The focus is on preparing today’s students to be tomorrow’s business leaders. The programs are not only carefully designed with an appropriate balance of liberal arts and business courses, but also responsive to the needs of the business. Students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tasks to live, lead, work, and grow professionally in the 21st century. The mission of the College of Business is to offer innovative, high-value business programs that intellectually and experientially engage and challenge students to equip them for lifelong success in the global community.
Links to program pages:
Business Administration: https://www.winona.edu/businessadmin/online.asp
Human Resources: https://www.winona.edu/businessadmin/hr-online.asp
WSU Rochester Staff
Latest posts by WSU Rochester Staff (see all)
- Improve Your Mental Health and Well-being Through Self-Care - May 19, 2022
- Customizing Your Path to Success - May 10, 2022
- Building Our Community Stronger, One Student at a Time - April 14, 2022
- WSU-Rochester Fall 2022 Registration - March 30, 2022
- Got Depression? You Are Not Alone! - March 29, 2022