Winona State University-Rochester is proud of our community partnership with the Rochester Public Library. Our students gain valuable field experience volunteering at the library’s Wellness Corner where they help provide social services and support for people in need.
In recognition of National Volunteer Week, Dr. Jeanine Gangeness chatted with Professor Amber Fiedler, Coordinator of Community and Mental Health Practicum Experiences at WSU-Rochester, and Susan Hansen, a reference librarian with the Rochester Public Library.
Join us as for a discussion on the power of student volunteers and the importance of classroom/community partnerships
Watch our full conversation on YouTube or view clips below.
Meet Professor Amber Fielder
In this clip, Professor Fielder introduces herself and talks about her work connecting students to volunteer opportunities in the community as our Coordinator of Community and Mental Health Practicum Experiences.
A Valuable Community Partnership
In this clip, Professor Fielder shares why the Rochester Public Library is a valuable community partner and why community partnerships are important to the student experience at WSU-Rochester.
The Wellness Corner
Latest posts by Joe Hammes (see all)
- Virtual Minnesota State Week - June 18, 2020
- WSU Graduate Studies Class of 2020 Backyard Hooding Ceremonies - May 12, 2020
- Community Creative Achievement Day 2020 - April 30, 2020
- Student Volunteers and the Rochester Public Library - April 22, 2020
- Online Education and COVID-19: A New Teacher Responds - April 10, 2020