Uncertainty is scary. Most of us are staying at home and practicing social isolation to decrease the rapid spread of COVID-19. We are doing what we believe is best for our neighbors and the healthcare system. Doing what we know is right doesn’t make it easy or less stressful.

I have been talking and texting with colleagues, friends and relatives and the pandemic is taking its toll on all of us. Most of us are not accustomed to isolation or restricted activity. My heart goes out to those of you struggling and I want you to know that you are appreciated and cared for. As you identify a way to normalize this unprecedented situation, we are here to help.

• Identify a new norm, a routine for staying home, staying connected, and staying active.
  • Your routine may change – however being ON all the time is not healthy. Find a disconnect time. I write, watch Netflix, read a book (a real book), or meditate.
  • Reach out, virtually, to someone who may need a call or connection. Helping others is a great way to stay connected. I personally write letters and cards. Thanking others has a benefit for me, too, as I realize how fortunate I am to have such quality people in my life.
  • Find a way to stay active. There are guided classes on YouTube and several options posted online from fitness centers. I have listed some of my favorites below. Great online resources!

If you find yourself in a place where you need to connect with a professional, consider one of the options listed below and set up a time for a virtual appointment. These are unusual times, allow yourself some grace, and ask for help. Human connection is natural. Find a way to connect and create your own “new normal.”

Wellness Opportunities

Online Resources

Wellness and Fitness Videos

Mental Health Resources

Rochester Resources

Winona Resources

La Crosse Resources

Austin Resources