As our trip has quickly come to a close, I am a jumble of emotions. I cannot wait to get home and see my family and friends, but at the same time I already miss London. Just so you all know, we’re only about halfway through our flight on the way back to the United States, so there’s that. Talk about separation issues.

Anyways, this is the hardest blog for me to write. I have been staring at my screen for the past hour or so trying to decide what I want to talk about, there’s just much I’ve learned over the past few weeks. I’m pretty sure the question I’ll be asked the most is going to be, what was your favorite part? I honestly have no idea. So, I decided to write about what I will miss most about London:

1. The ability to ride the tube or walk wherever I want. The tube is kind of like an underground train, and that is how most people get around London. It was really easy and convenient when we needed to go anywhere. The tube was a lifesaver after one of our walking tours. Our first Saturday we had a tour of Westminster Abbey, a tour of the Black Cultural Archives and then we ended the day with a walking tour of Brixton. I made the mistake of wearing newish Sperry’s. To be fair I thought we had break between the Westminster tour and the other tours. We did not, but at least my shoes are broken in now.
    ks tube1
  1. The diversity of everyone living in the city. I’m pretty sure that everyone who lives in England can speak at least two languages. I speak one, unless you count sarcasm as a language. We had the same tour guide for both of our day trips. She gave one of the tours in English AND Portuguese. There were so many different people from all over the world living in London, and it was amazing to get to talk to them.
  1. Finally, I am going to miss all the different sights. From the skyline to the countryside on the outskirts of the city, there was always a fabulous view. I went on the London eye, which is the giant ferris wheel along the Thames River. I could see the whole city, and it was gorgeous! I also loved the idea that there was countryside on the outskirt of the city. It reminded me of home.
    ks skyline2 ks skyline1

I could go on and on about all the things I love about London, but I have a word limit. Also, it would probably be never ending and no one has that kind of time. So, I just picked my top three. Well London, It’s been real, it’s been fun and it’s definitely been real fun.