Don’t get me wrong, Winona is a great place to live all year round (well, except maybe the dead of winter). But here are the top 5 reasons why I love the fall in Winona best:
1) Fall colors on the bluffs
How lucky are we to able to watch the bluffs transform from their green splendor into a skyline of orange, red and yellow watercolors?
2) Apple orchards are a magical, mystical place
Caramel apples, apple turnovers and apple picking…need I say more?
This year I went apple picking at Ferguson’s Apple Orchard with my best friend Alia, my mom and my mom’s best friend. Alia snapped this picture as I was reaching into a tree for more Haralson apples.
3) WSU Homecoming
Homecoming is the one time a year when everyone rallies behind our Warriors and it’s always a blast.
4) Fall-themed coffee drinks at Mugby Junction
I’m not even ashamed to utter these words: pumpkin spiced lattes.
Living in such a small town close to farming areas has its perks. Take an afternoon off and get lost in the corn!
Updated by Allison Mueller on Oct. 17, 2016
Latest posts by Kim Schneider (see all)
- The Reward of Abandoning Your Comfort Zone: Dancescape 2015 Edition - February 17, 2015
- From Amateur Dancer to Dancescape 2015 Performer - February 3, 2015
- 5 Reasons to Love Fall in Winona - October 24, 2014