Can you name something that’s more fall than going to a football game? In high school, football games took over my Friday nights and I would dress up in school spirit gear from head to toe ready to scream my lungs out.

College football games are a little different because with the stray Thursday night game, most of them are on Saturday afternoons. Here’s a little secret though, college football games kick high school games’ butt. Here are four reasons why:

1. They’re Free

With your student ID, you can get into any sporting event free, especially the high priced WSU Football games.

1. You get to see some of the best players

In high school, football might not have been as competitive. In college, these students are recruited from tons of different schools and watching the game is more enjoyable.

1. The Game Day Experience

Tailgating is the best way to show school spirit and amp yourself up before a football game. At the Game Day Experience, WSU blocks off Johnson Street and provides parking for entertainment, games, food and more before every home football game!

1. Meeting new people

Finally, meeting people can be tough but going to a football game and sitting in the student section opens that door to making new friends with other students at WSU.

Oh, and did I mention WSU’s Homecoming yet? I don’t think there is a better reason to throw on a WSU shirt or even a purple tee and come out to support the football team.