This year is definitely going to be one to remember. Starting college during a pandemic, classes switching back and forth from online and in-person, and having to get used to a different style of learning in a new environment; but it wasn’t all bad.

I learned how to be more adaptable, especially with online classes and dealing with technology issues. I figured out how to troubleshoot small problems or find loopholes if my laptop wasn’t cooperating. I learned how to manage my time more. I scheduled my weekdays by allotting time for lectures, homework, work, and leisure.

I also learned that it’s okay if you don’t have everything figured out yet. I thought I had my college plan perfectly laid out until the end of my first semester. I talked with a career advisor and found a plan that would allow me to get the education I desired. I got to meet new people and am glad to say I have made some close friends. I was able to dive in deeper into my career and figure out what direction I want to go. I even got a job on campus to help me reach my goals and have fun doing it.

Moving out of my dorm at the end year is going to be a mix of happy and sad emotions. I’m definitely going to miss the friends I’ve made, but it will be nice to see my friends from home again.

My bucket list before I move back home for the summer is to find more places to hang out in town and hit up some local shops to give back to the community. I want to go on a couple hikes in the bluffs as well.

One thing I’m looking forward to next year is the in-person classes. I can’t wait to build a relationship with my professors and students who share a major with me. I’m excited to get a normal college experience, even if we do still have to follow COVID-19 guidelines.

I am also looking forward to the different types of events that are going to be held on campus next year.  Kryzsko After Dark nights have been my favorite on-campus event to attend this year and I can’t wait to see what else they have planned for next year.

I’ve made so many memories in my brief time here on campus and I can’t wait to make many more during the rest of my time at WSU.

-Meg Johnson ’24