Help send off the Class of 2020 with the roar of applause they deserve!
From your computer or your phone, record a 15-30 second video of yourself clapping, cheering and whooping. Here’s how:
If You’re Using a Computer
The video application you’ll use to record depends on whether you have access to a Mac or a PC computer.
Here’s instructions for recording video based on your computer, as well as how to record using Kaltura which works on both Mac and PC.
If You’re Using a Phone
- Record this video horizontal (NOT VERTICAL)
- You will have to lean the phone against a wall or ask a friend or family member to hold your phone so your hands are free to clap.
- Use your phone’s camera application to record. It’s easiest to simply use your phone’s default video app.
- When done, you can download the file on your computer or share it directly from your phone.
Depending on size, you may be able to email the file to: email@example.com. Otherwise upload it to a cloud service (ex. Google Drive, OneDrive, Drobbox), and email the link to the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location & Recording Tips
- Do not have windows in the background
- Make sure you are in a brightly-lit room
- Try to fill up the screen. We want to see you not the room you are in.
- Do not add your own picture or video backgrounds
- You are congratulating the graduates– let’s see those smiles!
- Feel free to wear regalia if you have it
Here’s a great example from Prof. Paul Johnson.
Send your applause by Dec 6!
Contact Alex Courrier at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Berres (see all)
- Send Your Applause to the Class of 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Things to Do on Labor Day Weekend in Winona - September 3, 2020
- How to Submit to the Class of 2020 Warriors’ Journey - April 17, 2020
- We’re Truly a Community of Learners at WSU - February 12, 2020
- Go for a Degree and Get So Much More at WSU - February 10, 2020