Winona State University-Rochester is always ready to respond to the world around us to help our students safely pursue their academic and professional goals no matter the circumstances.
Face Coverings Required Effective August 4
In light of recent CDC guidance around county-wide transmission rates, Winona State University is updating campus protocol around the use of cloth face coverings/masks. WSU-Rochester will also be continuing to monitor COVID-19 guidelines from Olmsted County, the City of Rochester, and our partners at Rochester Community and Technical College.
Effective Wednesday, August 4, all WSU students, faculty and staff, and visitors (including contractors, service providers, vendors, suppliers, camp participants, and the general public) are required to use a cloth face covering to cover both the nose and mouth in all public indoor spaces on University campuses and properties. This includes all leased facilities, transit shelters and university shuttles in both Rochester and Winona. This guidance applies to all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
Face coverings must be worn when in public spaces inside the WSU-Rochester on Broadway building. Face
WSU students and employees on the Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) campus are expected to follow WSU’s guidance on masks. RCTC is also requiring all individuals wear a face covering while indoors on the RCTC campus. Read more about COVID-19 guidelines on the RCTC campus.
Face coverings are also strongly encouraged when conducting any university business regardless of location (e.g., off-site travel or training), and may be required by local ordinance, depending on the destination.
Please do not come to campus if you’ve had symptoms, contact with a confirmed case, or a positive COVID-19 test.
This protocol will remain in effect through the first several weeks of Fall Semester. University leadership will continue to monitor the situation actively and adjust requirements as needed.
Vaccination remains an essential strategy in reducing the spread of COVID-19. If you have not been vaccinated and can do so safely, please get vaccinated as soon as possible. To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you, visit vaccines.gov. The State of Minnesota is now offering a $100 incentive to anyone getting their first vaccine dose.
As we approach the beginning of the Fall Semester, you are invited to join us for an All-University COVID-19 Forum on August 11. Please submit questions and comments in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions submitted by end of day Friday, August 6, will be addressed during the forum.
All-University COVID-19 Forum
Wednesday, August 11
1:00-2:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Note: This meeting will be recorded and posted on the WSU COVID-19 website. Please check this website for regular updates.
Please click this link to join the webinar: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/93285088508
Student & Campus Services
We are always here for you! The WSU-Rochester Student & Campus Services office continues to provide dedicated student and campus services to help support all your needs. Our team is ready to provide our students, faculty, and staff with direct assistance from a distance or by appointment. Please call 507.285.7100 or email email@example.com.
- Connect with WSU-Rochester Student & Campus Services.
- Please continue to monitor updates from Winona State University.
- Read the Winona State University “Ready for You” return to campus guidelines.
- Reach out to us on the WSU-Rochester online portal to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Follow WSU-Rochester on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
- Check out COVID-19 guidance from the CDC.
- Keep current on COVID-19 guidelines from Olmsted County and the State of Minnesota.
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine near you.
Latest posts by Joe Hammes (see all)
- Ready to Stay Safe: Face Covering Requirement for Fall 2021 - August 3, 2021
- Winona State Wednesdays: Video Series Provides a Personal Guide to Applying to WSU - January 5, 2021
- Assistance from a Distance - January 4, 2021
- Winona State Provides Free Workshop to Promote Inclusive Workforces in Rochester - December 30, 2020
- WSU in the News: New J Term Helps Students Get Ahead During Winter Break - December 22, 2020