Congratulations to the Winona State University Graduate Studies Class of 2020!
We were not able to gather in person for a commencement ceremony this year due to the global pandemic, so the WSU community joined together for a one-of-a-kind virtual celebration. Some of the students from the WSU Graduate Studies Class of 2020 helped us continue the tradition of the hooding ceremony by sharing videos and pictures of their own backyard hooding ceremonies performed with their families.
In the traditional hooding ceremony, each graduate receives an academic hood from a faculty member from their program. Due to the necessary physical distancing requirements in place at this time, our graduates invited their at-home loved ones to participate in this ceremony. We asked these graduates, “Who hooded you?” to find out how the people at home were stepping up to help provide this meaningful commencement moment.
For a full recap of the Winona State University 2020 Virtual Commencement Celebration, please visit commencement.winona.edu.
Thank you to the following graduates for sharing their photos and videos, and a big congratulations to the entire WSU Graduate Studies Class of 2020.
- Julie Kiehne, MS-Leadership Education: Organizational Leadership
- Abbie McGee, MS-Nurse Educator
- Elizabeth Niehaus, MS-Sport Management
- Tracy Hale, MS-Leadership Education: Organizational Leadership
- Amy Henderson, MS-Nurse Educator
- Hana Splitgerber, MS-Nurse Educator
- Marissa Pederson, DNP-Family Nurse Practitioner