Name: Brett Thomas Strub | Class of 2019 | Major: Nursing | Post Graduation Plans: Aspiring Registered Nurse

Words of Wisdom

College is difficult but so is life. Be sure to take a moment to breathe and appreciate the things and people you have around you.

Hidden Gem

The professors are your friends. They want to see you succeed and are willing to help you understand and be a better student, if you seek them out and work with them.

u

Challenges on the Way to Your Degree

I am a first generation college student. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when entering college. I struggled to manage my time and have the motivation to do my work for school. WSU has challenged me to grow as a person as well as a student, and by doing so I have learned to connect with the TRIO support services and the Inclusion and Diversity office where I was able to speak to wise people and plan for my success and get help when I needed it.

Why You Are Proud to Be a WSU Grad

Because I have been faced with many challenges, yet I have been able to overcome them all and am going to graduate and be the first in my family to have a four-year degree. In doing that, I know that I am paving a better future for my younger siblings and family alike.

Most Important thing WSU Taught You

There is always someone there to have your back. There is only so much a person can bear on their own through whatever their endeavors may be. The WSU community is very supportive and has taught me not to be afraid to ask for help in achieving success in my endeavors.

Winona State graduates experience a 95% job placement rate in their field. Many even land positions before graduation. Learn more about our 2019 spring graduates.