This blog post is a continuation of Traipsing Through Tinder and contains some explicit material that some may find triggering.“Psych major at WSU. I like to drink and smoke! Looking for new people to party with!!”
We saved this profile for last. Andie didn’t have any photographs that really fit the stereotype of a “party girl,” so with her permission, we used Emily Kaluzny’s pictures. We chose images where it looks like she is out partying and wearing clothes that are more revealing. We kept the bio for this profile short and to the point as we wanted it to look like bios we saw from guys who like partying. 21 of the 224 responses were graphic in nature.
Although 21 of the messages were disrespectful, 203 were either simple greetings or genuine inquiries.
Looking at the types of responses each of these profiles received from different Tinder users was enlightening in an of itself. However, we gifted with a rare chance for comparison when a few people messaged the mainstream, goth lolita and party girl over the course of a few days.
–Samantha Atkins, Clare Arvidson and Mike McArdle
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- WSU Grad Nursing Holds Virtual Food and Fund Drive - November 23, 2020
- Discovering & Defining Who I Am: A Polish Cultural Educator & Data Analyst - September 24, 2020
- Discovering & Defining Who I Am: A Latina Advocate - September 2, 2020
- Discovering & Defining Who I Am: A Saudi Civil Engineer - August 18, 2020
- 4 Reasons to Work for the 2020 Census - March 6, 2020