Older Posts

Why You Should Vote

Why You Should Vote

With the upcoming midterm elections, politics is once again thrust to the forefront of the minds of many. The 2018 Election is more than just folks nagging us to register on the way to classes or political advertisements interrupting our Hulu-binging. Voting is a...

How to Get Involved with the Winona Warming Shelter

I was around 12 years old when I first started volunteering at a Humane Society in my home town. I would go in once a week for two hours and help clean, walk dogs and feed the animals. Along with me, there were about 10 other volunteers that made a small time...

Bringing Passion, Patience and a Personal Touch to Sales

Will Thompson, a WSU senior, knows that you don’t have to be diagnosing illnesses, performing surgery or inserting IVs to help people. Sometimes all it takes is a passion for others and a drive to succeed through hard work. When people think “healthcare” immediately...

A Professional Problem Solver Caring for Others

Think of what you’d like a social worker to be—someone who serves with integrity and compassion, who understands the importance of human relationships, who values the dignity and worth of every person. For Jacob Stock, the value of looking out for others instilled in...

Blog Archives