Older Posts

Taking Action to Create Change: Worth 1000 Words

This summer, Winona State University senior Akpos Eyafe became a prominent face on social media coverage of the Black Lives Matter movement across the United States. While paying her respects at the George Floyd memorial in Minneapolis, someone asked to take her...

Discovering & Defining Who I Am: A Polish Cultural Educator & Data Analyst

Discovering & Defining Who I Am: A Latina Advocate

Every year, Winona State has a University Theme that promotes partnerships and conversations between faculty, staff, students, and community members about important issues.    For the 2020-21 academic year, the theme is “My Global Identity, Our Global Community.”...

We Are Here For You

We Are Here For You

There are many different ways to react as you process the tragic death of Mr. George Floyd as well as the aftermath unfolding in and around Minneapolis and St. Paul. You may be sad. You may be angry. You may be scared. You may be ashamed. You may want to take action....

4 Reasons to Work for the 2020 Census

4 Reasons to Work for the 2020 Census

Hello Winona State students! Need a little extra money to get yourself through spring semester? Then do we have good news for you. The United States Census Bureau is hiring part time census workers across the country to help count everybody in the 2020 Census. Here’s...

How to Complete the Census

How to Complete the Census

The 2020 Census is coming up, and that may sound intimidating if you've never done it before. (And if you've never heard of it, here's a quick overview of the Census). I know I thought it was going to be like filing my taxes (before I found TurboTax #Bless). But don’t...

What It’s Like to Live in Watkins Manor

What It’s Like to Live in Watkins Manor

I first heard about the Students in Residence program completely by accident. My cousin and I were walking around Winona in between apartment showings and happened upon this mansion. We decided to do what anyone would do and go explore it. When we got inside, Cheryl...

The Warrior Cupboard: What It Is & How You Can Get Involved

Let's be real: going to college can be expensive. Because it's likely the biggest investment you'll encounter as a young adult, you may be tempted to put other expenses on the back-burner—including food. If you're someone who's on a tight budget and ends up skipping...

7 Experienced Acts of Kindness on Campus

Sometimes it can seem like the world is moving in fast motion, especially when final exams roll around each semester. Because we are often in such a hurry during finals season, we tend to miss all the great gestures happening around us—and even to us. To celebrate the...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.