The WSU-Rochester Student & Campus Services office is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we are here for you! Our team is ready to provide our students, faculty, and staff with assistance from a distance. Please call 507.285.7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to monitor updates from Winona State University.
Check this post for updates on available campus services and community resources in Rochester.
We want to stay connected with you. We will be fully responsive to your emails and phone calls during our regular business hours. If you need direct assistance outside of office hours, please let us know and we will schedule a time to connect.
Most Winona State University offices are providing resources and services via phone, email, and video conference. Please continue to reach out to your individual advisors, faculty, and peers for support.
Please stay tuned for updates as we continue to monitor this situation and adapt our facilities and delivery methods accordingly.
Updates to WSU-Rochester Services and Facilities
WSU-Rochester at RCTC
The WSU-Rochester campus is co-located with Rochester Community and Technical College. See updates on RCTC’s response to COVID-19 for info on campus facilities and services. The RCTC main campus will be open with limited access from 8 AM-4:30 PM from Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. The only entrance point will be through the Atrium. This entrance will be monitored by RCTC personnel. Visitors will be asked to show a campus ID or provide an acceptable rationale for visiting before being allowed entry. All other entrances will be locked. Magnetic card access will be disabled. RCTC will continue to adjust hours and building access as necessary. Please check the RCTC website for updated info on building hours and accessibility.
WSU-Rochester on Broadway
The WSU-Rochester Broadway Suite is closed.
Student & Campus Services Office
The WSU-Rochester Student & Campus Services office is currently closed, however staff are available if students need help. Please reach out to us by phone and email.
Tech support is available to WSU-Rochester students, staff and faculty online and by appointment. In order to keep our WSU students and employees safe when getting technical support, please remember to follow these guidelines:
- All on-site technical support services on the WSU Rochester Campus at RCTC are by appointment only. This includes device returns and graduate sales. Individuals without an appointment will be asked to schedule one and return at that time.
- Please wear a mask for your appointment.
- Please come alone. We lack the space to maintain proper social distancing when family and friends are also present for the appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please email TechSupport@winona.edu or call 507-457-5240.
Campus Connections and Admissions Advising for Prospective Students
Our admissions advisors remain ready to connect with prospective students.
Individual advising sessions can be held on the phone or online via video conference. To schedule an appointment, prospective students can email email@example.com.
We welcome prospective students to connect online with our admissions advisors to learn about our academic programs, admissions requirements, transfer or graduate options, financial aid, and scholarships. Prospective students can even join us on YouTube for a Virtual Open House highlighting our Path to Purple transfer admissions program.
Check out our Prospective Student Guide for more resources on connecting with us while campus remains closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Broadband Internet Access for Students
For students who do not have broadband internet access at home, several regional service providers have created opportunities for college students to get free internet including installation. Please contact your preferred local service provider for information and assistance.
Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1.844.488.8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
Comcast Internet Essentials is creating options for more wireless and data access for subscribers and nonsubscribers, including free wifi hotspots nationwide for all and unlimited data for their subscribers.
Minnesota Employment and Economic Development Office of Broadband Development has additional information and resources on reduced rates for Broadband Services.
Student Laptop Rentals
Winona State University students will be able to rent laptops as needed. For more information on laptop rentals and to make arrangements to get set up, please contact Tech Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.457.5240.
Helpful Links and Resources
- View updates to WSU’s response to COVID-19
- View updates on the RCTC campus, services, and facilities
- Get tips and resources for making a successful shift to online learning
- Access free online tutoring services through Winona State University
- Access online campus connections through Student Life & Development
- Resources for Prospective Students (PDF)
- Find resources on the RCTC campus and within the community to provide support
- Resources from the United Way of Olmsted County
Latest posts by Joe Hammes (see all)
- WSU Graduate Studies Class of 2020 Backyard Hooding Ceremonies - May 12, 2020
- Community Creative Achievement Day 2020 - April 30, 2020
- Student Volunteers and the Rochester Public Library - April 22, 2020
- Online Education and COVID-19: A New Teacher Responds - April 10, 2020
- Online Education and COVID-19: Elementary Education - April 3, 2020