Updated November 17, 2020
This post will be updated as we adapt our services and facilities to meet the challenges of this ongoing pandemic.
Check back regularly for updates on available campus services and community resources in Rochester.
Reach out to us directly at 507.285.7100 or WSURstudentservices@winona.edu.
Please read this important update from Rochester Community and Technical College regarding campus hours and services for November 23-December 4.
WSU-Rochester Campus Connections
- Please continue to monitor updates from Winona State University.
- Track the impact of COVID-19 on campus with the WSU COVID-19 Dashboard.
- Read the Winona State University “Ready for You” return to campus guidelines.
- Get helpful health and safety guidance from WSU Health & Wellness.
- Connect with helpful resources and online campus contacts with WSU Student Life & Development.
- Receive support from our WSU student services offices.
- Reach out to us on the WSU-Rochester online portal to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Access the WSU COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Follow WSU-Rochester on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
- Print from your laptop or mobile device at RCTC or WSU-R on Broadway.
WSU-Rochester Student and Campus Services
The WSU-Rochester Student & Campus Services office continues to provide dedicated remote services during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are always here for you! Our team is ready to provide our students, faculty, and staff with assistance from a distance. Please call 507.285.7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our SCS office in SS 128 at the RCTC Campus will be closed to the public until further notice, however staff will be available to meet with you in-person by appointment if necessary. If you require face-to-face assistance, please contact us to make an appointment.
We will respond to your needs during regular business hours on Mondays-Fridays from 8 AM-4:30 PM or by appointment. Please call 507.285.7100 or email email@example.com.
We can also connect with you in realtime via Zoom, chat, or phone. Please contact us to set up a time to meet at your convenience.
We will also to provide drop-in support in our Zoom Room on Tuesdays from 1-4 PM and Wednesdays from 8 AM-12 PM.
Email and Telephone Support
- Monday-Friday: 8 AM-4:30 PM
Zoom Room Drop-in Assistance
- Tuesday: 1-4 PM
- Wednesday: 8 AM-12 PM
- Zoom Room Meeting ID: 507 285 7100
We want to stay connected with you. We will be fully responsive to your emails and phone calls during our regular business hours. If you need direct assistance outside of office hours, please let us know and we will schedule a time to connect.
Most Winona State University offices are providing resources and services via phone, email, and video conference, in addition to limited office hours. Please continue to reach out to your individual advisors, faculty, and peers for support.
Updates to WSU-Rochester Facilities
WSU-Rochester at RCTC
WSU-Rochester programs are co-located within the Rochester Community and Technical College campus. See updates on RCTC’s response to COVID-19 for info on campus facilities and services. Face masks must be worn at all times when on any WSU, RCTC, or other affiliated campus or building. All visitors must complete the WSU COVID-19 Self-Assessment before entering the building each day. Please list WSU-Rochester as your location on the self-assessment form.
Please stay connected with your department and instructors for updates on in-person classes at RCTC.
RCTC has listed their fall semester buildings hours and accessible entrances on their website.
Please review the accessible entrances and open hours at RCRTC before planning your return to campus.
RCTC staff and security will be available at every open entrance to help provide assistance and direction as needed. Be prepared to show your WSU student ID at the entrance. Screening tools will be implemented at each entrance including verification of face masks.
- November 23-25: RCTC campus buildings are open 6:30 am – 7:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday, but departments and offices will be closed with staff working remotely to serve students. No instruction or support services will be conducted on campus. Support services will be available to students remotely. Sports teams cannot practice, the Sports Center will be closed, food service is closed, and there will be no outside facility rentals. Main campus can be accessed via Door 13/Atrium. Heintz Center can be accessed via Door H8. The GL334 Computer Lab (LTC) is available for students to use.
- November 26-29: The Campus will be closed Thursday through Sunday for the Thanksgiving Holiday
- November 30-December 4: RCTC campus buildings are open 6:30 am – 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday and in-person services will resume with minimal staffing. This includes computer lab and library access being available. Sports teams still cannot practice, and food service will also remain closed. Main campus can be accessed via Door 13/Atrium, and Heintz Center can be accessed via Door H8.
WSU-Rochester on Broadway
The WSU-Rochester on Broadway office suite on the 3rd floor of the Riverland Building at 400 S Broadway Ave in Downtown Rochester is open to the public from 8 AM-4:30 PM, Mondays-Fridays. WSU students, faculty, and staff can enter the office suite with proper Warrior ID card access when the Riverland Building is open (daily from 7 AM-7 PM). Your Warrior ID card must be up-to-date and include a proxy number on the back to allow keycard access. Please contact Carolyn Ryno at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on access to our WSU-Rochester on Broadway offices.
Masks must be worn at all times when inside the building. All visitors must complete the WSU COVID-19 Self-Assessment before entering the building each day. Please list WSU-Rochester as your location on the self-assessment form.
Updates to WSU-Rochester Services
Health and Wellness Services
WSU-Rochester students have access to Wellness & Counseling services available in-person, online, and over the phone. Students have access to the Rochester Regional Sports Center and Student Health Services, both located on the RCTC campus.
A counselor from WSU Counseling & Wellness Services is also available provide mental health services including with Zoom appointments. If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com or call 507.457.5330. Counseling Services staff will respond within one business day.
WSU-R students can also access a counselor through Zumbro Valley Health Center through a partnership with RCTC Health Services. Call 507.285.7261 or make an appointment online.
We all struggle with mental health sometimes. WSU Counseling Services has put together this guide with information on how to help deal with mental health and where to find resources.
Web Based Printing Services
Web based Printing allows WSU students to print from any device that has a web browser, as long as the device is connected to the warrior network. Printers are available to students on the RCTC campus and in the WSU-Rochester on Broadway office. The following printers are accessible to students during the open building hours for web based printing:
- Goddard Library (RochGL138B)
- Heintz Center Building B (RochHB100A)
- Health Science Building Student Lounge (RochHS000A)
- East Hall (RochEA235)
- BR (RochBR314)
WSU Information Technology Services is here to help if you have questions or technical troubles. Tech support is available to students, faculty and staff in Rochester through online support options: phone, email, and chat when possible. WSU Teach Support is also available for in-visits in Goddard Library 118 on the RCTC campus during business hours by appointment.
Contact WSU Teach support by email TechSupport@winona.edu or call 507-457-5240.
Phone Support: Call 507.457.5240 to speak with a phone technician. Your call should be answered or escalated within 10 minutes during business hours. If your issue requires an on-site visit from a technician, expect to be contacted within 1 business day to schedule the appointment. After hours calls will be returned the following business day.
Email Support: Send your questions to TechSupport@winona.edu and expect a response within 1 business day. Emails received after hours will be replied to the following business day.
Live Support Chat: Follow This Link
AskTech: Responses to frequently asked questions are available at AskTech, an online tool where you can search for answers to common questions or ask a question of your own.
Self Help: Available 24/7, the WSU Technology Knowledge Base is a great resource with information customized specifically for WSU students, faculty and staff.
In-person Support (Appointment Only): In-person support is available by appointment on the RCTC campus in Goddard Library 118. Holiday or COVID-related closures at RCTC may impact the availability of in-person support.
- 8:00 am – 8:00 pm (Monday – Thursday)
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (Friday)
If you do need to come in to Tech Support for an in-person visit, you must make an appointment. Please remember that campus directives require that you MUST wear a face mask and need to practice social distancing.
For the time being, students needing a WSU-Rochester student ID will obtain one remotely. To get your Warrior ID, please email a headshot in .JPG format to tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your Warrior ID number, academic major/program, and the mailing address that your ID card should be delivered to.
Faculty and staff needing a Warrior ID should email a headshot in .JPG format to tech support at email@example.com along with your Warrior ID number, program area and the mailing address that your ID card should be delivered to.
We will mail you your new photo student ID when it is ready.
Career Services is here to support you this summer! Now is a great time to get organized, reflect on your career direction, and check off a few things on your I’ll Get to That Later list.
Zoom appointments are available with WSU-Rochester Career Services advisor Trent Dernbach Mondays-Fridays from 8 AM-4 PM. Email Trent at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your personal career advising session. Trent can meet with you on Zoom to help you with resumes and cover letters, interview practice, job search strategies, career advice, career exploration assessments, graduate school applications, LinkedIn profile reviews, and Handshake access support.
Campus Connections and Admissions Advising for Prospective Students
Our admissions advisors remain ready to connect with prospective students.
Individual advising sessions can be held on the phone or online via video conference. To schedule an appointment, prospective students can email email@example.com.
We welcome prospective students to connect online with our admissions advisors to learn about our academic programs, admissions requirements, transfer or graduate options, financial aid, and scholarships. Prospective students can even join us on YouTube for a Virtual Open House highlighting our Path to Purple transfer admissions program.
Check out our Prospective Student Guide for more resources on connecting with us while campus remains closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Community Resources for Students
Help is available throughout our community. Please follow the links for direct support from local agencies. Connect with our SCS staff or a trusted advisor if you need help finding support and accessing resources.
- Channel One regional Food Bank
- Community Food Response
- Lutheran Social Service
- Revolutionary Earth Farm
- The Salvation Army
- Three Rivers Community Action
- Family Promise Rochester
- NAMI Southeast MN
- RCTC Hive Supply (must be currently enrolled at RCTC)
- Family Service Rochester
- Women’s Shelter and Support Center
- Catholic Charities of Southern Minnesota
Broadband Internet Access for Students
For students who do not have broadband internet access at home, several regional service providers have created opportunities for college students to get free internet including installation. Please contact your preferred local service provider for information and assistance.
Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1.844.488.8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
Comcast Internet Essentials is creating options for more wireless and data access for subscribers and nonsubscribers, including free wifi hotspots nationwide for all and unlimited data for their subscribers.
Minnesota Employment and Economic Development Office of Broadband Development has additional information and resources on reduced rates for Broadband Services.
Helpful Links and Resources
- View updates to WSU’s response to COVID-19
- View updates on the RCTC campus, services, and facilities
- Get tips and resources for making a successful shift to online learning
- Access free online tutoring services through Winona State University
- Access online campus connections through Student Life & Development
- Resources for Prospective Students (PDF)
- Find resources on the RCTC campus and within the community to provide support
- Resources from the United Way of Olmsted County
Latest posts by Joe Hammes (see all)
- Dr. Sonja Meiers Selected as American Academy of Nursing Fellow - October 27, 2020
- WSU in the News: Nursing Students Provide Services at Rochester Salvation Army - October 22, 2020
- Free Professional Development Workshop Promotes Organizational Resiliency During COVID-19 Pandemic - September 29, 2020
- WSU in the News: Graduate Nursing Student Offers “Teddy Bear Clinic” - September 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment for WSU-Rochester - August 20, 2020