Update (January 2022): View the full WSU-Rochester Strategic Plan
Winona State University-Rochester continues work on our strategic plan. We recently completed the analysis phase of this process, following our SWOTs survey and discussion.
During the analysis phase, we synthesized the feedback we collected about our institutional Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats along with other internal and external information.
108 people responded to the SWOTs analysis survey to provide their feedback and share their experiences. Survey participation was 57% students, 19% faculty, 13% staff, and 11% external stakeholders.
In addition, 34 people attended a virtual open forum on January 27, 2021. Forum attendance was 53% staff, 35% faculty, 9% external stakeholders, and 3% students.
This high level of participation with our SWOTs analysis and discussion ensures that our strategic plan will be informed by a broad range of perspectives and will reflect the needs of people across campus and our community. A report of our analysis was first shared at a virtual open forum on February 19, 2021. A public summary of this report is available here.
“It’s close to home. Scheduling is good. There are many online classes available. Advisors are available and ready to help.”
- Academic excellence
- Strategic mindset at all levels
- Responsiveness to student and community needs
- People first mindset
- Strong community and workforce partnerships
- Convenient locations and downtown Rochester presence
“Increase diversity of the student population and faculty.”
- Brand recognition
- Student accessibility
- Support staff
“Without a doubt there are qualified faculty- and WSU is great at “courting” them. Wonderful staff are available as well.”
- Population growth in Rochester
- Expansion in program delivery methods
- Program development
- Community engagement
- Faculty recruitment
- Student financial support
- Budget and facilities challenges
- Disconnect with administration
- Competition with other regional and online universities
- Digital security outside of WSU infrastructure
- Faculty/staff burnout
- Keeping up with changing student populations and behaviors
- March 2021: Establish Goals
- Public Forum on Thursday, March 18 at 3 PM
- April 2021: Align Goals with Budget
- Public Forum on Wednesday, April 28 at 2 PM
- May 2021: Present to Cabinet
- September 2021: Launch with WSUR and Rochester
Save the dates to join us at upcoming open forums to provide feedback on the next steps of the strategic planning process.
Public Forum Schedule
- March 18, 3 PM: Goals Discussion
- April 28-May 10: Budget Alignment Discussion
Complete the Open Forum Budget Alignment Discussion Survey
For more information, please contact Dr. Jeanine Gangeness, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs – Rochester, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Jeanine Gangeness
Latest posts by Dr. Jeanine Gangeness (see all)
- New Year, New Semester: Vaccinations, Adaptations, and Facilitations - January 13, 2022
- Ready to Rock! - June 17, 2021
- Strategic Plan: Goals and Budget Alignment - April 28, 2021
- Strategic Plan: Analysis Report and Update - February 23, 2021
- WSU-Rochester Starts Strategic Planning Process - January 11, 2021