Older Posts

Embracing Their Truth at WSU

Embracing Their Truth at WSU

Andrea Northam Senior Director of Marketing, Communications and Media Relations Over the past 16 years working at Winona State University, I've watched with pride as generations of students have passed through my orbit. Whether it was a student team member in the...

Celebrating Womanhood: Stories of Women Paving the Way at WSU

The daily challenges that women face have become much more apparent to me as I grew into an adult. But what also became more apparent to me was the impact that so many women have in the world -- and specifically in my life -- and how these women are the ones who have...

Fun Things to do in Winona for a Spring Break Staycation

Spring break is coming up, which is exciting! What’s better than a week off in the middle of the semester to give yourself some time to relax? But, Spring Break can get expensive if you are planning to travel—plus the added stress of figuring out where to go and what...

Being Seen, Heard, & Supported as a Black student at WSU

As a first-generation college student, I was nervous about what was ahead of me when starting at Winona State University. Nevertheless, I was excited about what was in store. After getting on campus, I was faced with a new world of situations, people, and...

How to Accept Student Loans

How to Accept Student Loans

Student loans one of the many ways students pay for college. It's a reasonable option for many people, and loans were certainly the way I was able to get my college degree. But you need to know what you are getting into, which is why there is a process for accepting...

Pro Tips on Applying for Scholarships

Pro Tips on Applying for Scholarships

If you search online for ideas on how to pay for college, you'll find plenty of articles telling you to apply for scholarships. This is absolutely great advice-- and WSU offers tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships each year-- but it can be overwhelming to know...

Winter Emergency Kit

Winter Emergency Kit

Tis’ the season for a Minnesota winter! With cold and snowy days here, it’s best to be prepared for worst case scenarios. Here are 10 emergency kit items to have in your vehicle. This is a necessity! When driving, visibility is key and having a sufficient ice scraper...

What You Need to Know About Work Study

What You Need to Know About Work Study

If you've looked at your financial aid award letter and have seen 'work study' on there, that's great news! Work study is a financial-aid based program that provides an opportunity for students who have qualified to work special access jobs on campus. Here are 5...

Leaving For Winter Break

Leaving For Winter Break

Heading home for winter break? Here are 5 things to think about:Make a list of essential items you will need while you are home. The semester break is also a great time to take some stuff home that may be cluttering your room.Now that you have been on your own for a...

Top 5 Reasons to Enroll in Winter Session

Have you ever thought about taking winter classes over the long break to catch up, keep up or get ahead? Last year, WSU offered a mini term between the fall and spring semesters. This session was called J-term (which stood for “January Term”), and faculty across many...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.