Older Posts

Coping with Homesickness

Coping with Homesickness

Homesickness is a common and normal part of moving away from home, but it can seem difficult to deal with at times. It can be frustrating to deal with at times. The good news is you can work through it a bit easier when you use resources that are on and off-campus. To...

Your Recap of Welcome Week

Your Recap of Welcome Week

In case you missed an event or two from Welcome Week—or you want to look back on all the mems—we've got your back. Lots happened last week, and we captured it all for you. Here’s a recap of this year’s Welcome Week:    Stakes were high for students to win...

The Ultimate Guide to College Writing

The Ultimate Guide to College Writing

There are a few things that are the same in nearly every college student’s experience.  You’re going to have more freedom—and, therefore, more responsibility.  You’re going to make friends (trust me).  You’re going to write. A lot.   With this last one, I know what...

6 Tips for Starting Freshman Year

6 Tips for Starting Freshman Year

If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume you are a new student looking for some advice, so welcome to Winona State University! When you first arrive on campus you will be met by many smiling faces, willing to help your transition to college life go smoothly. These...

Applying for On-Campus Jobs

Working on campus comes with many perks. You have little to no commute, never have to worry about conflicting work and class schedules, and very flexible hours. You have a great opportunity to work directly with the place you live and learn!To Begin... You want to log...

Looking Forward to Returning to Campus

Looking Forward to Returning to Campus

Fall 2021 is going to look much different than Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 here at Winona State. This past school year was hard with online classes and getting very little human interaction because of COVID-19. But have no fear, it seems like this is going to change...

Closing Out My First Year of College

Closing Out My First Year of College

This year is definitely going to be one to remember. Starting college during a pandemic, classes switching back and forth from online and in-person, and having to get used to a different style of learning in a new environment; but it wasn’t all bad. I learned how to...

Why You Should Stay in Winona for the Summer

When school gets out for the summer, this new-found freedom might make you want to move back home. While living with family is great, there are benefits to staying in Winona for the summer—the natural summer beauty and the countless outdoor activities being just a...

Is Grad School Right for Me?

Is Grad School Right for Me?

There are many reasons someone might go to graduate school: earning a higher salary, having more opportunities, or maybe your career choice requires an advanced degree. It is a hard decision to make and takes a lot of consideration. If you are still unsure if grad...

Being a Freshman in College During a Pandemic

To all the incoming first-year student, I completely understand your concerns that you may have when it comes to starting college in a pandemic. I was in your shoes this past year.I was skeptic when I first started living on campus. I was overwhelming myself by...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.