Older Posts

Is Grad School Right for Me?

Is Grad School Right for Me?

There are many reasons someone might go to graduate school: earning a higher salary, having more opportunities, or maybe your career choice requires an advanced degree. It is a hard decision to make and takes a lot of consideration. If you are still unsure if grad...

Looking Forward to Returning to Campus

Looking Forward to Returning to Campus

Fall 2021 is going to look much different than Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 here at Winona State. This past school year was hard with online classes and getting very little human interaction because of COVID-19. But have no fear, it seems like this is going to change...

Closing Out My First Year of College

Closing Out My First Year of College

This year is definitely going to be one to remember. Starting college during a pandemic, classes switching back and forth from online and in-person, and having to get used to a different style of learning in a new environment; but it wasn’t all bad. I learned how to...

Why You Should Stay in Winona for the Summer

When school gets out for the summer, this new-found freedom might make you want to move back home. While living with family is great, there are benefits to staying in Winona for the summer—the natural summer beauty and the countless outdoor activities being just a...

Being a Freshman in College During a Pandemic

To all the incoming first-year student, I completely understand your concerns that you may have when it comes to starting college in a pandemic. I was in your shoes this past year.I was skeptic when I first started living on campus. I was overwhelming myself by...

How to Prepare for Graduation

How to Prepare for Graduation

Graduating from college is a big deal—it’s one of the first big steps you take into the adult world. It’s exciting, a little scary, and a little sad, all at the same time. Maybe you know what you will do after graduation, or maybe you’re like me who is graduating in...

Warrior Change-Up: Tie Dye

Mya Austin ’22 is the founder and President of Winona State’s Tie Dye club. Mya shares all the information you need to know to have a fun and successful tie dye experience! Want to brighten your world and get a new fun hobby? With natural fibered material such as...

Tips & Tricks for Answering Interview Questions

Interviews can be the most stressful part of finding a job. Surprisingly, it doesn’t have to be! The key to having a successful interview is being confident in yourself and your abilities. The more comfortable and confident you are talking about your experiences,...

Online Tools to Help Productivity

Online Tools to Help Productivity

Now that most classes at WSU are being taught online I have found it harder for me to be productive with my schoolwork. Three of the hardest things I have come to realize with online school is that I am off task a lot, I struggle with taking notes, and I have trouble...

How to Make the Most of Your Spring Break Day

Sadly, there is no actual spring break at WSU this year. Instead, the university has decided to turn our would-be spring break into single spring break days spread throughout the semester. With our busy schedules and often enormous workloads, the anticipation of a...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.