Older Posts

6  Myths about WSU Foundation Scholarships

6 Myths about WSU Foundation Scholarships

Scholarships. You win some, you lose some. But I hear a lot of people getting frustrated before they even apply! “Why bother? So many people apply!”, “I’m only a member of 1 or 2 clubs, I won’t get picked.” “Only freshman get scholarships, I’m not wasting my time.”...

Choosing Your Roommate

Choosing Your Roommate

Can you believe it? You’re almost halfway through your senior year of high school! When I was a senior, all I could think about was college and doing everything I could to prepare for it. Once I had decided that Winona State was the school for me, it was full speed...

Things to Do Around Winona to Get in the Holiday Spirit

Winona does a wonderful job of bringing the holiday season to life.  In previous years, WSU students missed out on many of the Winona holiday celebrations because they would leave at the beginning of December for winter break. Although many students weren’t too keen...

How to Thank the People of WSU

How to Thank the People of WSU

When it comes time to this time of year, it’s natural to think about the many things in our lives that we are thankful for. It is especially important to express our gratitude for the people we are surrounded by, regardless if they are family, friends, or peers. In...

How to Make Thanksgiving Dinner On-Campus

Are you staying in the residence halls over Thanksgiving break? Many students live hours or even states away from Winona so they wait until winter break to go home.     Although missing out on grandma’s homemade pie can be a tragic loss, thanks to Pinterest, I’ve...

Tips for Surviving Winter in Winona

Tips for Surviving Winter in Winona

As much as we are in denial of it, winter in Winona is coming. If you are anything like me, winter is fun for the first couple of weeks but then it becomes a multiple-month-long nightmare. Surviving winter in Winona can be a daunting task but I am here to act as your...

9 Tips for Beating Sickness in the Residence Halls

It’s that time of year again… everyone is getting sick! From your professors who are cancelling class, your favorite cafeteria workers who aren’t there, to your closest friend who basically lives in your room.     Before you catch whatever is coming your way next,...

#WarriorsVote Contest

#WarriorsVote Contest

On Nov. 6, take a selfie with your “I Voted” sticker after you vote in the midterm elections at your designated polling place. Use the hashtag #WarriorsVote or DM @winonastateu your selfie for a chance to win a prize!...

Show Your School Spirit on Warrior Fridays

School spirit goes beyond the student section at the Saturday football games. Whether it’s inviting your family to experience the WSU community, cheering like crazy at a women’s soccer game, attending a WSU orchestra concert, or putting a WSU lanyard on your key ring,...

5 Tips for Surviving a Minnesota Winter

Winter is coming, my friends. Living in the beautiful Mississippi river valley means enduring some frigid weather.   Even if this isn’t your first rodeo with Midwest winter weather, being on your own at college means preparing yourself to survive. You’ve heard of...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.