Minions from Despicable Me laughing

Enjoy a good laugh this week!

It’s heeeeerrreeee.  It’s the week before finals week and, as I write this, I can feel the campus slowly descending deeper into insanity. The weight of the semester has finally come down on us at once and everyone’s stress levels couldn’t be higher. We’ve lived in denial over mounting to-do list for too long and now it’s time to start replacing homework with vital components of daily life like eating, showering, or breathing.  Now it’s time to roll out a mat on the second floor library and fight off the mounds of papers as theyinnevitablytrytoCONSUMEUSALIVE….

Whoa… Let’s just slow down for a second and take a breath. Finals can take a lot out of you, but they don’t need to take your sanity.  I think we need to spin the dial to the safe where we’ve locked away our joy, and I when stress from my daily life keeps dragging me down I have always turned to comedy for relief.

It’s no joke when people say, “laughter is the best medicine.” In the short term, comedy can lighten the load mentally and actually lead to physical benefits by increasing endorphins, lowering blood pressure and acting as a muscle relaxant.  But you didn’t come here for a biology lecture.  All of these facts that I ripped off from the Mayo Clinic are here to make it clear that comedy simply makes you feel better.

Comedy has always been something I have been passionate about, and I feel there is no better outlet for stress relief than laughter.  Below are my personal favorites of every comedy medium I could think of that can act as an easy resource for you.  If the stress from exams is starting to bring you down, I encourage you to take 20 minutes away from your work and rifle through the lists. These albums, books, movies and websites have never failed to make me laugh, even in the toughest times.  Feel free to disagree with me and get your own list going! You are by no means bound to what I think. There are thousands of others that I wish I could put down, but I would take up the whole week that you should be studying.

Note: Most contain some explicit material, but we’re all adults. Please listen to what you feel comfortable with.

Caleb’s Top Comedy Albums (Free on Spotify)

Favorite Comedy Websites:

Caleb’s Funniest Movies

Books/Audiobooks:

Good luck and don’t forget to laugh every once in a while!