If there is one thing I hate buying, it’s shoes. For some people, shoe shopping is a lot of fun, but it’s really not for me. If I could go barefoot and walk around and get away with it, I definitely would. One reason I hate buying shoes is how expensive shoes can be. So when I looked at my two pairs of workout shoes and saw they were breaking down, I knew I had to suck it up and buy workout shoes. I dreaded going because I had no idea how much I was going to pay. I ended up only spending $75 on two pair of good quality shoes, which I have to say is a pretty good deal. If you’re looking for new walking shoes/physical activity shoes, here is a short guide on how to not break your bank account when shoe shopping.

Shop around! 
giphy-139
So, you found this really cute pair of bright blue Nikes for 90 bucks and you’re considering buying them. The biggest advice I can give is shop around. I can guarantee you can find a better deal on Nikes than spending 90 bucks. Shopko is a really good place to start. They have deals all the time on shoes. That is where I purchased my newest pairs of sneakers and I can’t recommend it enough. Otherwise, I have heard TJ Maxx is another cheap place to get shoes for a lot less. You don’t have to spend a lot on workout shoes; you just need to know where to shop and how to find the deals.
When it comes to actually buying workout shoes, here are some considerations to keep in mind:
Activities 
What are you going to do in these shoes? Are you going to run and walk? Are you going to do weight training? Figure out what activities you are using this shoe for. If you’re a runner, you should probably buy a shoe that fits running. I typically purchase cross training shoes because that way I can pretty much do everything in one pair of sneakers.
Where are you going to be using your shoes? 
Are you going to be working out outside or inside? If you’re probably going to be working out outside you shouldn’t buy a white pair of sneakers since they will get dirty faster. Where you perform each activity will be something to consider, especially when buying shoes.
Buy Inserts
Your shoes should feel comfy. If you’re going to walk in shoes, they should be comfortable for your feet. If they aren’t, you can get blisters and foot pain in general. I recommend buying some sort of inserts that give your feet some more support. My current pair of gym shoes honestly feel like I’m walking on clouds.
giphy-140
Having a good pair of workout/physical activity/walking shoes that you love is super important. If you have comfy shoes, you’re more likely to walk places than to drive or take a bus. They are worth spending the money on, but you don’t have to spend a lot. I was able to save a lot of money by shopping around and finding discounted pairs of shoes. However, that still doesn’t change the fact that I hate buying shoes.