Older Posts

My Personal Vaccine Experience

My Personal Vaccine Experience

I got the vaccine for numerous reasons which all outweighed the side effects for me. I trust science and the vaccines. I also want to protect not only my friends and family, but my fellow humans in general who aren’t yet, or can’t be vaccinated. My first dose of the...

8 Ways to Cope with Pandemic Fatigue

8 Ways to Cope with Pandemic Fatigue

As the COVID-19 pandemic passes its one-year mark you may be starting to feel or have been feeling symptoms of pandemic fatigue. Maybe you’ve heard of it or maybe you haven't. Either way we’re all tired from following COVID-19 guidelines. Before you toss in the towel...

Your Guide to the COVID Vaccines

Your Guide to the COVID Vaccines

As the COVID-19 pandemic reaches its first pandemiciversary it's important to reflect on the past year and acknowledge how far we’ve come.   From the beginning when we were in a lockdown, to now when we have vaccines to help fight the virus. The hope is that we are...

Balancing Spring Fever & Good Grades

Balancing Spring Fever & Good Grades

Spring is here and it’s time to get outside! As we enter a new season you may be looking for fun activities to do outdoors now that the weather is warming up.   Lucky for us, Winona is a wonderful place to be outside and experience the beauty of the surrounding...

What to Expect When Getting Vaccinated

What to Expect When Getting Vaccinated

The COVID-19 vaccine is currently being distributed and administered throughout Minnesota and the United States. To give you an idea of how getting a vaccine works, here’s the run down on the vaccination process.     Before Your COVID-19 Vaccine To prepare for your...

WSU COVID Vaccine Finder

WSU COVID Vaccine Finder

Do you feel like you’re playing a never-ending game of bingo always waiting for your number to be called? Me too. That’s exactly how I feel waiting for my COVID-19 vaccine.   Instead of waiting and complaining about my date, I’ve decided to be...

Sadness vs. Depression

Sadness vs. Depression

Mental health is an important factor of a person’s well-being that isn’t talked about nearly as much as it should be.  Statistics show that mental health is declining, and mental illness is rising. To give you an idea of how the pandemic has impacted mental health,...

Stress vs. Anxiety

Stress vs. Anxiety

As the new year gets going and classes near midterm season, you may find yourself feeling stressed or more stressed than usual. It’s important to remember that stress is completely normal and is experienced by everyone. When you are feeling stressed try...

Great Warrior Hibernation Challenge

Great Warrior Hibernation Challenge

Want to practice self-care during COVID-19 in a fun way? Join the Great Warrior Hibernation Challenge! With the Great Warrior Hibernation Challenge,  you can learn how to be safe, take care of your mental health and work on your well-being as we do our part to reduce...

Ending Eating Disorders & Discovering Self-Love

Societal standards can make it hard to feel confident in your own skin. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for someone to develop an eating disorder in efforts to look a certain way. Social media can negatively impact your mental health and self-esteem.   When I open...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.