Older Posts

Studying for your personality: Type A

As I begin to work on this blog, I am starting at a list I have made of things I need to get done for the week. Next to that list is my gold spiral bound planner that has a separate page for each day. On each page I have a separate to-do list for each day. To say I...

What to do when I get sick at college?

Getting sick is the absolute worst, especially in college. Your mom isn’t there to take care of you, some professors can have a “tough luck” attitude about missing class or assignments, and you are more than likely miserable with symptoms of illness. With winter and...

Mug Meals: Healthy Hacks for College Students

As a freshman living in the dorms, I always wondered how I was supposed to eat healthy when I had no time or space to cook a well-balanced meal. Living in Sheehan especially put me at a disadvantage, since we only had one kitchen stove to thirteen floors of girls –...

Domestic Violence Awareness Month

October was National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, a tradition that has happened every year since 1987 (making this the 30th year!). This month creates conversation about domestic abuse, helping us to realize that its prevalence in our society is more common than...

Sleep Debt: Can You Ever Catch Up?

Whether you’re a college student, professor or just simply a human being, sleep is an essential part of life. In order to learn more about sleep debt, I talked to Justin Geijer of the HERS department, and Kate Noelke, the Director of Integrated Wellness. Getting 7-9...

Depression Awareness Month Series | Healthy Coping

Last week we talked about how to have a conversation with your loved ones about depression. But what if you're the one struggling with this mental illness? The first step should always be going to talk to a mental health professional about managing your illness. Along...

Depression Awareness Month Series | Anxiety

I'm sure that anxiety is not a new word to you, considering that 40 million adults in the United States struggle with an anxiety disorder. I have countless close friends who have been diagnosed with anxiety disorders, and my heart hurts for them. I always wonder, why...

A Homecoming Worth Remembering

Through rainy and sunny days, we trek to campus for class, for clubs, for jobs. We go to meet our friends for lunch, to laugh with them, to study with them. College may not be easy, but it's rewarding. It's hard work, but it's worth it when we get a day off to let...

Depression Awareness Month | Starting the Conversation

Both of my parents were diagnosed with clinical depression long before I was old enough to even know what that meant. I was lucky to grow up in a home where I was taught to be open about mental health. Unfortunately, mental health issues, such as depression, continue...

Campus Safety: Sexual Assault Awareness

September was National Campus Safety Month, and an integral part of the month includes recognizing campus sexual violence. National Campus Safety Month encourages conversation on violence prevention at colleges and universities. The prevalence of sexual assault on...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.