Older Posts

The Self-as-Doer: Form New Habits through Changing your Words

I am a strong believer in the fact that it doesn’t have to be January 1st to make a healthy change to your lifestyle. To prove that, I have taken on Dr. Amanda Brouwer’s challenge to make a healthy lifestyle change myself in a matter of weeks.

Dr. Brouwer is an associate professor in the psychology department at WSU. Her studies and area of expertise are social psychological factors that influence health and health behaviors, particularly for people living with or at risk for chronic disease. 

Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Let’s Take Back The Night

Starting in the late 1970s in England, women protested against the violence they had experienced by walking through the streets at night, calling them Take Back the Night marches.
“TBTN is an event that is all about reclaiming yourself,” peer advocate Erik Derby said. “The march is a great opportunity to see the Winona State community joining together in action. The Speak Out is a bit more personal. It’s really powerful. Survivors will be telling their stories, and RE advocates will be available to talk to during the whole event.”

Taking Advantage of Health & Wellness Services

As students, we are asked to do a lot. We are expected to do well in classes, maintain relationships with friends and family, participate in extracurricular activities to build our resumes, and sometimes have a job. That small list is hardly scratching the surface of...

Dealing with Seasonal Allergies in College

Spring used to be my favorite season. I loved seeing everything blooming and growing with all the color and warmth. In middle school my favorite parts of spring became the reasons why I didn’t love it anymore. ...

Just Keep Running

Just Keep Running

After this semester, I still have a full year before I have to give up one of the things I enjoy most about this campus: The IWC. I’m not the most athletic person in the world, far from it actually. Even still, I love going to the fitness classes the IWC provides....

Bystander Intervention Month

Bystander Intervention Month

This month we are discussing Bystander Intervention. What is being a bystander? You are a bystander when you are watching a situation happening, and do not intervene. If you are a bystander, you can choose to become an active bystander to intervene into the situation....

Benefits of Eating Breakfast

Benefits of Eating Breakfast

My favorite breakfast meal I used to get from west campus was a giant waffle, scrambled eggs, fruit and coffee. But I’m the kind of person that’s almost always eager for breakfast. If you’re not into classic breakfast food, that’s okay too! The cafeterias have other options outside of classic breakfast food, and Zane’s offers some good options as well. And don’t forget the Caribou and Einstein Bros. Bagels in the library, or Somsen Cafe!

You’ve Got a Friend in Me

You’ve Got a Friend in Me

When it comes to friends - I’ve been blessed with some of the best. It’s never been about quantity as much as quality and I admit I can be picky when I pick 'em.  We’re influenced by the attitudes and actions of those we are around most often. You get out what you put...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.