A WSU student measures a community member's blood pressure.

If you’re passionate about medicine and rehabilitative sciences and you have your heart set on graduate school, then the Movement Science major at Winona State is calling your name.

Many Movement Science alumni go on to accomplish great things in the healthcare industry.

Hear from some of our graduates and what they’ve been up to since earning their degrees from WSU.

Anthony Benda '20

Anthony Benda ‘20

Doctor of Chiropractic

“The Movement Science program set me up well for chiropractic school.

It gave me a great foundation for the basic life sciences, kinesiology, and lab practicals, making the transition to doctoral-level classes much easier.

I not only did well on my board exams, but also graduated nearly at the top of my class from one of the best programs in the country.”

Alana Currin ‘19

Assistant Director of Rehabilitation

Occupational Therapist

“Majoring in Movement Science taught me how to build a strong rapport with clients and how to work with their bodies.

The journey to graduate school was never sugar coated at WSU. Hard work was expected early on.

This program did a stellar job of preparing me.”

Alana Currin '19
Dylan O'Connell '14

Dylan O’Connell ‘14

Doctor of Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapist

“I’m proud to be a WSU alumnus.

The Movement Science program prepared me well for graduate school, especially for exercise physiology and kinesiology.”

Katie Pruka '10

Doctor of Physical Therapy

Clinical Services Coordinator, Outpatient Rehab

“The Movement Science major at WSU reinforced my interest in pursuing a health sciences profession.

The coursework and faculty support were all tremendous in ensuring I had the knowledge and pre-requisites needed to successfully pursue my doctorate degree in physical therapy.”

Katie Pruka '10