Older Posts

Why You Should Attend Virtual Choose WSU Days

Virtual Choose WSU Days are exclusive online events for admitted students to put themselves at the center of the Winona State Universe and create their schedule based on their interests to meet what’s possible at WSU.What exactly is a Virtual Choose WSU Day? For...

Staying Involved and Connected to Campus during the Pandemic

2020 has been one heck of a year. From having the semester transitioning to online, hardly seeing friends and classmates, and canceling in-person events and meetings, but despite it all, this year has brought me closer to my Warrior pride. This school year I’ve found...

Warrior Success Center Q&A

Warrior Success Center Q&A

Wondering where to get started looking for a campus job? Or how you can get academic support? You are by no means the first to ask these questions. Here are answers to some of the top questions Ron Strege, Director of the Warrior Success Center, is asked by...

5 Expert Tips for College Success

5 Expert Tips for College Success

Whether high school came easy for you or not, college is going to throw you some curve balls every now and again. Ron Strege is the Director of the Warrior Success Center, and he helps students to overcome all sorts of challenges that come with being in college. Here...

Busting WSU First Year Myths

Busting WSU First Year Myths

University has been in session for going on two months now and students are starting to get in the swing of things. As a current student at WSU I thought I could share some of the experiences that I have had that go against what you usually hear about the college...

Why I Chose WSU

Why I Chose WSU

Choosing where I’d go for college was mostly exciting and a little intimidating but I ended up finding the university that was right for me in the end.  Winona State had been one of my top college choices from the start. The reason why I liked WSU was because it’s...

What to Expect When You Visit Our Campus

Visiting campus is the best way for you to decide if Winona State University is the best fit for you. Although things look a little different lately, we’re so excited to host you for our on-campus, in-person visits! WSU Admissions currently hosts on-campus, in-person...

5 Outdoor On-Campus Study Spaces

5 Outdoor On-Campus Study Spaces

Winona State’s campus is undeniably beautiful.  Our campus is home to plenty of greenspace, outdoor tables and benches, and natural beauty that make for perfect study spaces.  Regardless of your class delivery or your study style, heading outside might just be the...

5 Things to Do Outside on Campus

5 Things to Do Outside on Campus

Now that classes have started and you’re back on campus for the Fall, you may be wondering what activities you can do.  The reality is that we’re all adjusting to some new changes because of COVID-19, but there are still plenty of outdoor activities that are both fun...

3 Reminders to Overcome Homesickness during a Pandemic

Dear Warrior, Class of ‘24:   I think we can all agree that 2020 has thrown us many curveballs. And perhaps the biggest curveball yet is the COVID-19 pandemic.    Maybe this is your first time leaving home. Maybe the current “college experience” isn’t what...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.