Older Posts

How to Stand Out on the WSU Foundation Scholarship Application

Crafting strong answers to essay questions can make the difference in gaining a scholarship from the WSU Foundation. To make applying for scholarships easier, the application form now has 5 general essay questions that the committee will use to determine all sorts of...

6  Myths about WSU Foundation Scholarships

6 Myths about WSU Foundation Scholarships

Scholarships. You win some, you lose some. But I hear a lot of people getting frustrated before they even apply! “Why bother? So many people apply!”, “I’m only a member of 1 or 2 clubs, I won’t get picked.” “Only freshman get scholarships, I’m not wasting my time.”...

Choosing Your Roommate

Choosing Your Roommate

Can you believe it? You’re almost halfway through your senior year of high school! When I was a senior, all I could think about was college and doing everything I could to prepare for it. Once I had decided that Winona State was the school for me, it was full speed...

8 Reasons Why You Should Attend a Choose WSU Day

Choose WSU Days are special events where admitted students can come to campus, meet future classmates, and explore the opportunities Winona has to offer. I know there are some questions as to what actually happens at a Choose WSU day. Is it just a campus tour? Are...

What to Consider When Deciding Between the PC & Mac

One of the most important aspects of succeeding in college is having a laptop that best fits you. From writing papers, to submitting assignments and conducting your own research, your laptop will be an essential tool in your academic life.     The eWarrior Digital...

How to Apply for On-Campus Housing

How to Apply for On-Campus Housing

While it feels like college is so far away, it will come faster than you think. This can be a scary time, trying to figure out where to live, who to live with, what you want to do with your life, all of the things. But this is the time to get excited because housing...

Let’s Talk Money: Financial Aid at WSU

Let’s Talk Money: Financial Aid at WSU

Let’s talk money. College may come with a high price tag, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. A lot of people get uncomfortable talking about money especially when discussing how they are going to pay for college. Financial aid is an option to help! Without it,...

What Happens Next After You Apply to WSU?

Seniors, now is the time to start applying for college. It can be a stressful time of planning your future, but the WSU Admissions team tries their best to make the process as simple as possible by ensuring a quick and easy application process.   Once you have applied...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.