Older Posts

5 Things to Remember before Your Move-In Day

Residence hall move-in days are quickly approaching! Here are five things to get yourself ready for your Move-In Day:Move-in appointments can be scheduled through your Housing Portal under the Schedule an Appointment tab. Your move-in appointment is scheduled for 10...

6 Tips for Starting Freshman Year

6 Tips for Starting Freshman Year

If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume you are a new student looking for some advice, so welcome to Winona State University! When you first arrive on campus you will be met by many smiling faces, willing to help your transition to college life go smoothly. These...

How I Chose my Major

How I Chose my Major

Choosing a major in college can be a tough decision to make, especially if you have no idea what kind of career you want to pursue. And if you’re an indecisive person like me, you know this decision can be even more challenging. One thing to keep in mind when it comes...

Deciding on a Major

Deciding on a Major

Still deciding on a major or maybe questioning the one you currently have? That is totally OK and normal! According to the National Center for Education Statistics, about 80% of college students change their major at least once!  My freshman year in 2015, I came into...

What it’s Like to be a Double-Major

What it’s Like to be a Double-Major

Double majoring in college sounds scary and like a lot to take on, but double majoring in English is so worth it. First thing to know is that there are six different English majors offered at Winona State. These include English Literature and Language, English...

The Warrior Hub Explained

The Warrior Hub Explained

Once you attend Winona State University, you will hear people mention the Warrior Hub a lot. If you don’t know exactly what the Warrior Hub does, you’ve come to the right place because they offer some vital services that all students should know about. The Warrior Hub...

Why I Chose to Be an English Major

Why I Chose to Be an English Major

Not every incoming freshman has the privilege of knowing what they want to major in from the get-go. And as students go through college most end up changing their major at some point, I am one of the lucky ones that doesn’t fall into either of those categories.My...

Room Types

Room Types

Winona State University has temporarily converted their residence hall room types to support a safe place for students to live while helping limit the spread of COVID-19. You still have your regular single and suite style rooms, but the majority of the doubles have...

Roommates: Yay or Nay

Roommates: Yay or Nay

For 2021-2022, Winona State University will continue to offer mainly single-occupancy rooms as we continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on our campus. Some double rooms will be available. So, whether you have a roommate or not next year, let’s talk about some...

How to Manage Being a First Generation Student

The transition from high school to college is scary for every incoming freshman, but some of us, me included, don’t have the guidance from our parents or guardians to help us when college gets tough because we are first generation students. Here are a few things to...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.