Older Posts

Autumn in Winona | Apple Orchards

The best way to spend time with your friends and get the full fall experience is heading to an apple orchard for the weekend! I love apple picking, the delicious smells of various baked goods, hay rides, and of course, the animals! What better way to spend a weekend...

Autumn in Winona | Farmer’s Market

Are you looking for something do with your friends this weekend? Are you in need of some fresh produce but don’t feel like driving all the way over to Walmart? If that’s you, I know just what you’re looking for: the Winona Farmer’s Market! For the past three years, I...

Autumn in Winona | Take a Hike

Although it may not feel like it, today is the start of my favorite time of the year! It’s the first day of fall, people! Who's excited? Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons. The very best reason being the beautiful fall colors happening right outside my...

The Warrior Game Day Experience

Throughout my last three years at WSU, I have only attended a few WSU football games. It’s no secret that I’m not the biggest football fan; however, after attending the very first Warrior Game Day Experience that took place on August 31st, I can definitely see myself...

WSU Family Weekend | 10 Places to Visit with your Family

Family Weekend is a fun weekend for students to get together with their parents and siblings and hang out around Winona. There are so many hidden gems that make Winona such a special and beautiful place to visit. Here are ten places to check out with family and...

I Love WSU Week | Small Gifts Make A Positive Impact

Alumni Relations and SOAR (Student Organization of Alumni Relations) are hosting the third-annual I Love WSU Week, sponsored by the WSU Foundation, Monday, September 11th through Monday, September 18th.  The festivities were established to spark awareness, inspire...

9 Interesting Places on Campus

Unfortunately, there are many unique places on campus that often go unnoticed. Can you recognize any of these places? If not, I encourage you to go and check them out! Prentiss - Lucas Volleyball Court Music playing and students cheering are common noises to hear...

Labor Day Weekend in Winona

Are all of your friends going home for Labor Day weekend? Are you feeling like you will be left by yourself with no one but your stack of textbooks to keep you busy? If that's you, I have the perfect list of activities for you! [gallery link="none" columns="1"...

Reflecting on Freshman Year

As I begin my junior year, I have started to look back and reflect on the beginning of my time here at WSU. Freshman year ­­was great for me, but I think there are many things I could have done differently to have made my experience better and prepare myself for the...

Blog Archives

Subscribe

Receive notifications of new posts by email.